Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
fomcwmd
Aspirant
Aspirant

Base Station camera light flashes amber... continually. Why wont it go green? All cameras working so i know they were synced. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

fomcwmd wrote:

Tried the reboot with the power button, goes green then flashing Amber 

Well, sounds like for some reason the base is going into the usb mode ( when sync button is held ) since the cams are functional.

You have two chioces as I see it;

1) do a full reset of the base ( hold reset for 10 secs till front leds flash ) and this will require re-sync of cams like when new

2) contact Support ( top of page then Contact Support on next page ) ..tho I think you'll end up going thru the same procedure before they consider any defective product.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Do the simplest thing first.... In this case, reboot the base via the power button and see what happens

fomcwmd
Aspirant
Aspirant

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

fomcwmd wrote:

Well, sounds like for some reason the base is going into the usb mode ( when sync button is held ) since the cams are functional.

You have two chioces as I see it;

1) do a full reset of the base ( hold reset for 10 secs till front leds flash ) and this will require re-sync of cams like when new

2) contact Support ( top of page then Contact Support on next page ) ..tho I think you'll end up going thru the same procedure before they consider any defective product.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

fomcwmd,

After the factory reset described above by TomMac, be sure you add the base station back to your account before attempting to sync. This can be done by clicking the "Add Devices" button on the cameras screen, select base station and follow the on screen prompt.

Also when syncing cameras, be sure you press and release the sync button (do not hold the sync button, use a quick press and release).

JamesC