Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base offline

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Will_B_Inotuch
Tutor
Tutor

My system worked well for a couple of years then the base station went offline. I am now on my second useless chat session with "support" .... I have been through ten attempts (many more actually) of reset/power on/power off .... endless loops of unhelpful suggestions. 

I have removed all devices from my account, now I am trying to add the base station back again and the discovery process will not work. Repeated the 30 second reset, the testing of cables, ensuring ethernet connections are working etc. 

Power light is on solid, internet light stays solid for about five seconds then flashes. 

Arlo needs to get better support people on chat!!! They're useless. 

4 REPLIES 4
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Will_B_Inotuch

Did you factory reset the base station or reboot the base?

Will_B_Inotuch
Tutor
Tutor

Yes. Ten times on the first "support" chat. Another five on the second "support" chat and at least five times on my own. 

Was this reply a joke?

That's all "support" seems to have as a solution ... reboot .... did you hold it for 30 seconds? YES!!! Ok try one more time to reboot .... 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Per your statement "I have been through ten attempts (many more actually) of reset/power on/power off" It is best to know what you performed so I do not suggest anything you may have previously done. Did you remove the base station from your settings? When performing a factory reset, you should only be holding the reset button for 10 seconds. Did you follow these steps or did support provide the steps in this article? How can I reset my Arlo SmartHub or base station to the default values? Did you remove & re-install the Arlo Mobile App? Are you trying to add the base station over the app or web browser?

Will_B_Inotuch
Tutor
Tutor

Whether I hold it for 10 or 30 it doesn't make any difference. 

When my base reboots, the power light is solid green, the internet light is solid green for about five seconds then flashes for five seconds. This pattern repeats. According to "support", it shouldn't matter that the internet light is flashing, the base station should still be "discoverable".

I have removed all devices from my profile. When I try to add my base station (after rebooting) from a web browser through myArlo, it says that the base station cannot be discovered. The base station is connected via ethernet cable to the same router as the computer I'm using to try to use to discover the base. It doesn't work on my Arlo app either.