Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base cant connect

Discussion stats
  • 24 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
Jody
Luminary
Luminary

I have all connections, power, network cable. Plugged into a Netgear c6300. Opened the port 80 -433. Still no connection. Reset base and reset router... Running windows 8.1 using chrome, firefox and I.E. No luck.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good afternoon Jody,

We are still working on this issue but have found in some cases for customers using Vonage, clicking/checking the DMZ setting of "Disable IGMP Proxying" setting on the router has enabled the Arlo base station to reconnect.

Can you check to see if you have this setting on your router and let me know if this change allows your Arlo base station to connect? You may have to power cycle the router after this change to take affect.

I look forward to you update.

Best Regards,

Christine

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
Jody
Luminary
Luminary
.Guess its baack to store for refund.
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good morning Jody,

I am sorry to hear your base station won't connect to the data center as expected. Can you please provide additional details on the color of the LEDs on the front of the base station under the power and Internet icons along with any error messages or unexpected behavior you are seeing when attempting to activate the system?

Can you also confirm what Internet service provider you are using?

This will assist us in troubleshooting your issue further. If you haven't done so already you may want to check out the following article: Arlo minimum system requirements.

It would also be helpful to know if you are installing this system in a work place or home environment.

I look forward to your next update.

Best Regards,

Christine

Arlo Team

____
Jody
Luminary
Luminary
ISP is Charter.

I have the power light (Green) Internet connection light (Amber)

I'm installing this at my home.
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello Jody,

I have sent you a personal message and hope to continue working with you to resolve this issue.

Best Regards,

Christine

Arelo Team

____
Jody
Luminary
Luminary
Any update?
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good afternoon Jody,

We are still working on this issue but have found in some cases for customers using Vonage, clicking/checking the DMZ setting of "Disable IGMP Proxying" setting on the router has enabled the Arlo base station to reconnect.

Can you check to see if you have this setting on your router and let me know if this change allows your Arlo base station to connect? You may have to power cycle the router after this change to take affect.

I look forward to you update.

Best Regards,

Christine

____
Suzkarmah
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried for hours now to get the base, which has green LED lights for both the power and the internet, to ow me to perform the 'New System Set up'  and each and every freaking time, I get a message that I am not connected to the internet when I am.  ATT Uverse ARRIS NVG589 Router. I have unplugged  reset and help my breath till blue.  Nothing is working.  What a waste of my evening.  No human to speak with.  Cameras synched right up.  but useless without the base.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Suzkarmah,

Are you on the same network as the base station? If you are, It's possible you have a firewall setting that is blocking access from the base station. In order for your base station to work you need ports 443 and 80 to be open.  It may be helpful to refer to this article while troubleshooting.  Please let me know if this helps!

JamesC 

Allen-D
Initiate
Initiate

I am having pretty much the same issues.  Tried at our storefront with no success, so thought maybe something was odd about with the router at our store.  I brought it home with same results.

The Arlo has a green power light & also showing the internet light is green. 

Both the Arlo and the computer are plugged with wired connections into the LAN ports of the router.  Used IP scaner to verify it has gotten an IP on the same network (10.0.0.101) and my computer is on the same network (10.0.0.254).

Everytime we click the "new system setup" button, it takes us to the url https://arlo.netgear.com/#/gettingStarted/. Then we wait and wait and wait, then are taken to the url https://arlo.netgear.com/#/troubleshoot/ saying to connect to router --- which it is... plug it in --- which it is... turn it on --- which is.

Did a factory reset thinking something got hung up, but no change.

It shouldn't be this difficult.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Allen-D,

There are two types of reset for an Arlo base station. A simple reset and a two-button factory reset. When performing the factory reset did you hold down the red reset button on the back of the base station along with the sync button until all LEDs flash amber?

JamesC

Sandersh
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have same problem andoing about to return item. My router is netgear and I can't connect. Plz advise. I am connected to ether net 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you have a green Internet LED on the base?  If not, try power-cycling the base.  Use a different Ethernet cable. Check the router and see if the base has an IP address.  If not, try rebooting the router.

Gsiemion
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same issues. Very annoying!
Gsiemion
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same issue
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You have to tell us all the symptoms as well as any troubleshooting steps you've taken for us to even attempt to help.

jhndelng1
Aspirant
Aspirant

The only light that is on is the power light. Everything was working fine for the past few months. I relocated the base station to improve my signal, but when I plugged it back in the internet connection was lost. The error message is " system offline"

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

PITA but you might want to try a factory reset by using the reset button next to the power switch until the front LEDs flash amber.  You'll need to re-sync cameras, etc. but may resurrect the system.  Otherwise, I'd create a trouble ticket for a faulty base.

You could also try putting the base back to where it was with the same cable/port to see if it works again.  Long shot...

ARLOnotsimple
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same issues not being able to connect to the base station on all devices.  Works fine with one android phone BUT another android phone AND IPad unable to find base station.  The phone that is connecting is working fine (through wifi and 4G) and have checked it while trying to connect the other devices with no luck at all.  After reading the issues others are having I am concerned if I do a reset of any type of the base station I may end up with a giant POS that will not work with any device.  I was able to connect on my home computer which is using CAT 5 network.  If I can't get it resolved by Tuesday night the ARLO goes back. Ain't nobody got no time fo DAT!!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you can connet with one device, the system is working fine. A reset wont do anything other than to add confusion. The issue if with your other devices. A reinstall of the app may help.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ARLOnotsimple,

What models are the devices you are having issues with (example: iphone 5s iOS 9.3.1)?

Be sure those devices are up to date with the latest OS versions then consider reinstalling the Arlo mobile application as jguerdat suggests above and try again.

JamesC

ARLOnotsimple
Aspirant
Aspirant

Okay folks think I got is sorted and thanks for the helpful ideas.  Initially only one android would sync to the base station - the ipad and other adroid would not.  I DID NOT rest but thought I would just try logging into the app on the devices that did not sync and it did work.  Interestingly I have my wife's android (email) set up as a "guest" and consequently she can only view and not adjust settings.  I will eventually go back in to see if I can't increase her privileges.  I had an issue with delay and recording and moved the camera to a more strategic place which worked but that is for another tread.  Later folks.

crosskar1
Initiate
Initiate
Installed the system including three cameras everything was working fine there was a power outage now I'm trying to set it up and the base station is undetectable
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

ARLOnotsimple wrote:

Okay folks think I got is sorted and thanks for the helpful ideas.  Initially only one android would sync to the base station - the ipad and other adroid would not.  I DID NOT rest but thought I would just try logging into the app on the devices that did not sync and it did work.  Interestingly I have my wife's android (email) set up as a "guest" and consequently she can only view and not adjust settings.  I will eventually go back in to see if I can't increase her privileges.  I had an issue with delay and recording and moved the camera to a more strategic place which worked but that is for another tread.  Later folks.

A guest account won't get to change settings even with admin privileges. Just the way it is. Only the master account has full access.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Two things:

1) restart the base with the power switch.

2) buy an uninterruptible power supply/battery backup that your modem, router and base all plug into. 750VA is plenty for most situations and will fly through power outages of many hours.