Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Stations shows offline out of nowhere 1pm PST 5/31

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Arlord
Star
Star

My app is finally keeping me logged in but now  my Base station showing offline out of nowhere. My app is now working again but i now i cant get to my cameras. Solid amber light on base station on the camera icon which according to the KB says not connected to internet. My internet is wokring fine and no changes were made by me. Havent had access to my cameras since about 1pm PST Yesterday.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlord,

A solid camera LED on the base station indicates the base station needs to be reclaimed. Did you perform a factory reset at any point on the base?

Log in to your Arlo account and navigate to Settings > My Devices > select the base station > Remove Device. After it has been removed press and hold the reset button on the base station until all LEDs flash amber.

Log back in to your Arlo account and click "Add Device", select base station and follow the on screen instructions.

JamesC

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Solid amber on the middle ( internet led ) would be the lack of internet connection. Normal is green and blinking at times showing activity.

If the camera ( right most of 3 ) led is amber ...I would attempt to resync the cameras ( at least try one )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Arlord
Star
Star

nope. tried to resync one camera. tells me base station is offline. pic attached. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlord,

A solid camera LED on the base station indicates the base station needs to be reclaimed. Did you perform a factory reset at any point on the base?

Log in to your Arlo account and navigate to Settings > My Devices > select the base station > Remove Device. After it has been removed press and hold the reset button on the base station until all LEDs flash amber.

Log back in to your Arlo account and click "Add Device", select base station and follow the on screen instructions.

JamesC

Arlord
Star
Star

ok that worked. how frustrating that i had to factory reset this device. what happened? i dont think its a coincidence this occured at the tail end of the app login fiasco. thanks for the help but im very distatstified with Arlo right now