Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Base Station won't connect to internet. Tried changing Ethernet cable.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Ema24
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have a VMS3430
And it has been fine for a year. Recently the geofencing stopped working then I noticed the cameras kept going offline. Now the base box won’t connect to our internet. I’ve tried changing the Ethernet cable but nothing makes a difference. Any suggestions pls?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Assuming you mean the middle LED (Internet), right LED (camera), if these lights are not turning on, you might want to re-plug in the Ethernet cable to your Base Station and reboot your Base Station to see if that helps.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Is the ethernet LED on the router port lit?

Are you seeing the base station in the router's attached device list?

Ema24
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi - yes the light glows on the router for the port it’s linked to but the light on the base station doesn’t light up.

Ema
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Ema24,

Is the Internet LED the only light that is not showing up on your Arlo Base Station?

Ema24
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello - no there are 2 which aren’t lighting up.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Could you clarify which are not lighting up? You can read here to learn more about the LED lights on your Base Station: What do the LEDs on my Arlo SmartHub or base station mean?

Ema24
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi
It’s the one which looks like a house with the WiFi lines in it and the one that looks like a little sideways pitchfork which aren’t lit up.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Assuming you mean the middle LED (Internet), right LED (camera), if these lights are not turning on, you might want to re-plug in the Ethernet cable to your Base Station and reboot your Base Station to see if that helps.

Ema24
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for your help on this. I will try that. It’s got 5 lights and the 2 on the right are not lit.
Ema24
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks so much this has worked