Base Station will not connect to internet

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Erinrick
Follower
Follower

We have an older Arlo base station (model VMB4000r3) and cameras. We were Arlo customers (and fans) before they required a subscription to store the recordings to the cloud.  We have never had an issue before and they have functioned perfectly.  The base station is connected to our router with an ethernet cable.  Yesterday, the base station stopped connecting for no reason.  Router is working fine …. All other devices are connected.  We have done all the steps recommended to get the station connected.  Including the reset.  Just the amber light.  Based on a recent experience of a family member (newer to the Arlo family and does have a monthly subscription) who lost connectivity from base station to internet (also connected via Ethernet cable), customer support “pushed a signal” from their end to her base station and that resolved the problem.  BUT, since we do not have a subscription, we were informed that we have no right to talk to anyone (not even a live agent thru chat).  I have no way to ask them to push the signal.  Does anyone out there have any suggestion on how I can get some help?  It’s almost as if Arlo is telling us that since we are not a subscribing customer that they don’t want us as an Arlo user any more.  If we cant get the station reconnected, we will be going to a competitor since there is no support.

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Erinrick wrote:

Based on a recent experience of a family member (newer to the Arlo family and does have a monthly subscription) who lost connectivity from base station to internet (also connected via Ethernet cable), customer support “pushed a signal” from their end to her base station and that resolved the problem.

The mods - @JamesC , @ShayneS , @BrookeN - can also do this, so I am tagging them to call their attention to your issue.

But it's not about connectivity to the internet.   If the base isn't connecting to the internet, nothing done from Arlo's end will reach the base.

So I recommend that you check your router's attached device list, and see if the base station is on that list.  If it turns out that the ethernet on the base has failed (which does happen occasionally), then the only option is to get another base.