Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Station reboots every 6 minutes

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
lasotam
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have used Arlo Pro for 4 mths now.  Ever since this base station firmware 1.11.9.0_26520 we are only get pictures vs video.  The base station reboots every 6 minutes.  Killing our batteries because the camera's continue to try to connect.  We need a PRODUCTION firmware update ASAP!

14 REPLIES 14
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @lasotam,

We have a new firmware update, which is version 1.12.0.0_27099 for the base station. Make sure to update the firmware on your base station. You can go to Settings > My Devices in the Arlo app, and from there choose to install the new update. 

For more information about the new release, read here: Arlo Base Station VMB3010/VMB4000 - 1.12.0.0_27099 - 25th October 2018

lasotam
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ours continues to go to firmware 1.11.9.0_26520 - when was 1.12.0.0_27099 released?  We have had to replace the base stations, one costing us $16 and the other free because once we did the firmware update it went back to 1.11.9.0_26520.  I have our newest base station up and running great WITHOUT doing the update.  I will not resolve this until you tell me when 1.12.0.0_27099 was released and that after I complete it that my cameras don't all mess up again.  Not satisfied with this product when it worked great for 4 mths.  Doesn't anyone test these updates????

lasotam
Aspirant
Aspirant
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for clarifying. Have you tried to reboot and power cycle your Base Station to see if that helps the problem?

lasotam
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes many times and no way to reverse the firmware update so we now have the 3rd base station working with NOT updating firmware.
lasotam
Aspirant
Aspirant
Woke up and firmware was updated and cameras no longer working!!!!!! This problem needs to be fixed ASAP!!!!!!
lasotam
Aspirant
Aspirant
Woke up and firmware was updated and cameras no longer working!!!!!! This problem needs to be fixed ASAP!!!!!!
lasotam
Aspirant
Aspirant
What it says on cameras.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Especially since you say it's continuously rebooting, I think you have a hardware problem, either with the power supply or base (I'd bet on the base). Open a case with support here:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

lasotam
Aspirant
Aspirant

They have already sent us TWO new basestations.....once they get the firmware 1.11.9.0_26520 is when it starts rebooting every 6 seconds.  I would GUARENTEE it is a firmware issue that NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED ASAP!!!!!!!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No one else seems to have that problem so it's unlikely, though not impossible,  that it's a firmware problem. When you got the new bases, did you also get a new power supply? What about using a different outlet?

lasotam
Aspirant
Aspirant

NO they only send base stations no cables and yes plugged it is directly plugged into the way (and a different plug as well)  We have tried it at our neighbros house on their wifi and still no luck.  I spoke with them for another 1.5 hours today and they have confirmed the firmware should be 1.12.0.0 so....it is a firmware issue.  We have done a speed test and that is fine as well......

TWR73
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the exact same problem...is there a fix as I am at my wits end

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Swap at the store or open a case with support here:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx