Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
RichardNH
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased this system because I travel frequently. I have found the system very unreliable; requiring the base station to be removed and readded; and then the cameras to be resync'd at least once every two months. Since you have to be physically present to get the system working you are left blind if you are traveling; and not at home. Has nyone else had this issue, and did you find a permanent solution?

Base Station VMB3010r2 and H7 cameras

Thanks.

Richard

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

We need more details to try to figure this out. Have there been power or Internet outages for those occasions? What exactly have you tried before removing and setting the system up again? Have you tried rebooting the router and base, in that order?

RichardNH
Aspirant
Aspirant
I rebooted modem and then base. Nothing worked, and I always ended up with the first two lights. I tried removing the cameras and resyncing, but that didn’t work. Only thing that works is deleting and reading the base station
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi RichardNH,

If you have problems with your Arlo system going offline often and rebooting isn't resolving the issue, contact the Support Team so they can further investigate the issue you're experiencing. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

RichardNH
Aspirant
Aspirant

Every few months cameras show as off line, and the only solution is to resync the camera to the base station. However, this is extremely difficult, dangerous and time consuming because a ladder is needed to retrieve the camera and put it back up after resyncing.

I have noticed that the offline cameras always seem to go offline on the same day. There must be something that triggers this behavior, and I don't think it is unreasonable for a company to understand that this is a common problem based on posts on the forum and Internet. By not addressing the problem the only long term solution for customers is to switch to a different company. I'm at that point, and feel bad about it.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RichardNH wrote:

I have noticed that the offline cameras always seem to go offline on the same day. There must be something that triggers this behavior, 

Perhaps a firmware update?