Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Station Won't Reset Due To Busy Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Vanillathunder
Initiate
Initiate

One of three base stations will not connect to cameras and will not let me reset remotely.  

Camera error says - Maximum of 5 camera streams are supported simultaniously.  Please stop one stream before starting another camera stream.  However, there are no cameras streaming on this base station or the other two.  

Base station error when trying to restart says - your camera is busy and cannot restart.

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Remove cameras on that base and do a reset ( hold in the reset button for about ten sec till the front leds flash... ) , let it come back online and resync cams

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Vanillathunder
Initiate
Initiate

The cameras are four hours away.  Are there any remote procedures that I can try?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, in SETTINGS, of the base you can try RESTART..that's it

Morse is faster than texting!
DR650
Initiate
Initiate

You can't reset the base station when the cameras are "busy".  Even if you turn the camera(s) off, the base station will tell you they are busy and can't reset.

Dnelson
Guide
Guide

Did you ever get a resolution to this? My system is doing the exact same thing!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Power cycle the base.

If you really want to reset the base (which isn't the same thing as a power cycle), press the reset button until the LEDs flash amber.  Remove ALL devices in Settings, My Devices. Use the Add Device button to add the base and sync the cameras. Verify your firmware versions compared to what's posted in the Release Notes section here.