Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Kpoe2000
Tutor
Tutor

Current Base Station Firmware:  1.12.2.5_240_59657e5

Hardware:  VMB3010r2

I checked the firmware version of my base station and noticed it is a couple of versions behind.  The reason for the check was because Push To Talk (PTT) is not working on my Arlo Pro.

I have attempted the following steps to push my base station to update:

• restarted (3 days ago)
  • factory reset (3 days ago)
  • disconnected each camera, factory reset, restarted, waited 3 days, reconnected each camera

After following those steps, PTT still does not work and the firmware version of the base station is still at version 1.12.2.5_240_59657e5.

I really advocate for arlo, but this is making it difficult as I have missed several opportunities to utilize the PTT feature.  I hate to leave the arlo platform, but other companies seem to be moving forward with reliable hardware and software.

Please arlo, save me because id rather not leave.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Well, your firmware is already up to date. Check the listings in the Firmware Release Notes section to verify.  Also, since you have the original wireless cameras, PTT will never work since they don't have mics or speakers. You need Pro or Ultra models to do that.

Kpoe2000
Tutor
Tutor
I apologize, I thought “ The reason for the check was because Push To Talk (PTT) is not working on my Arlo Pro” clearly stated I have an Arlo Pro.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry, missed that since the base is an early model. PTT on  a Pro camera should be working on that base AFAIK unless something has changed. Contact support using the link at the bottom here to determine if there's a firmware reason for PTT to not be working.

Kpoe2000
Tutor
Tutor
Will do, thanks. I checked the firmware for the base station and noticed that newer model bases had a firmware update and I didn’t know that they released the firmware by hardware model.

I saw other stations had trouble updating even though there was a new one.

I’ll contact support, thanks.