Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Elsiehoskin
Tutor
Tutor

Have had 5 cameras connected to base unit for 1yr now. One wireless cam went offline today.  I changed the batteries and it still wouldnt connect.  I then noticed I couldnt get live feed from any of the cameras.  The modem was connected and the power and internet LEDs were green on the base unit.  I reset the base unit, deleted the five cameras and then reconnected the Arlo Q without any issues.  The Arlo Pro wireless wouldnt connect.  The base station cam sync light was green initially but then went amber.  The Arlo Pro cam battery light was blue and did flash blue to sync but base station cam sync LED went amber.  I turned off the base unit and the modem and when all green LEDs were on I attempted a sync again.  Still same issue.  I then tried connecting the Arlo wireless and had the same issue.  Only the Arlo Q (powered) is connected. I still have space for 4 more cameras, but the base station wont sync them. (They all were working this morning). Any suggestions other than binning them please.

14 REPLIES 14
steve_t
Master Master
Master

This says it's picking up the cameras but the signal is weak. Maybe try moving the cameras closer to the base station for the sync process

https://kb.arlo.com/989/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Arlo-or-Arlo-Pro-base-station-mean

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You may need to reset the base by holding the reset button until the LEDs flash amber and start fresh.

Elsiehoskin
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for that, but the original query mentions that I had already done this reset action.

Elsiehoskin
Tutor
Tutor

That's interesting, as the cameras were almost touching the base station and still wouldn't sync.  Wondering if the original issue of not being able to view live was due to the Chrome update.  Have flash on and flag on now, but since doing the reset of the base and deleting the cameras (as per instructions from previous posts of same issue) I seem to have this new issue of base cam syc LED being amber.  

I have done a second reset of the base station as you have suggested and the camera blue LED light was flashing slowly while the base station cam sync LED was flashing green, but then the base station cam sync LED started flashing amber and the camera blue LED began flashing very fast (after station turned amber).  The camera is not showing up as added in DEVICES.  The wifi is working fine as I am using it to reply to this post

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Strange as the fast blinking blue LED on the camera would indicate that it had successfully sync'd

https://kb.arlo.com/642/What-do-the-different-LED-behaviors-on-my-Arlo-Wire-Free-or-Arlo-Pro-Wire-Fr...

Perhaps it's time to open a ticket with Customer Support at the bottom of the page

Elsiehoskin
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks.  The base station camera sync LED didn't flash amber. It went from a flashing green to a solid amber. 

1.base station power and internet LEDs both green

2. base station sync button pressed

3. cam sync LED flashing green

4. wifi cam sync button pressed

5. wifi cam blue LED light flashing slowly

6. base station cam sync LED light turned solid amber ( no flashing amber)

7. wifi cam blue LED light flashing very fast

8. wifi cam not showing up in DEVICES

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While I can't be sure, it would seem to be a hardware problem with the base.  Either swap at the store or open a case with support.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Elsiehoskin,

If you performed a factory reset/removed the base station, did you also add the base station back to the account before attempting to sync cameras?

Click "Add Device" select base station and follow the on screen prompts.

JamesC

Elsiehoskin
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks.  I did sync the base station to my account and successfully synced the Arlo Q (powered unit) to the base. 

Elsiehoskin
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks. I have opened an account with Support.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Elsiehoskin wrote:

Thanks.  I did sync the base station to my account and successfully synced the Arlo Q (powered unit) to the base. 

The Q doesn't sync to any base. It uses your home WiFi.

Elsiehoskin
Tutor
Tutor

My apologies. Syntax error.  I successfully synced the Arlo Q via QR code to my Arlo account.  The Arlo Pro and Arlo cams will not sync to the base station via wifi.

Elsiehoskin
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for that, but not necessary.  The error appeared to be world wide with Arlo server being down for 24hr period.  All I needed to do was turn off and on my modem and Arlo base station and wait for the cameras to  re sync.  Motion detection recordings, library and notifications are now working again.

Cheers.

Elsiehoskin
Tutor
Tutor

Apologies.  This last reply was regarding a new issue that started 24hrs ago with the new Arlo Pro base station. I replied to the wrong post.

Cheers