Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Station Not Showing up During Setup

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
johnmbailey
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all. I have finally got round to setting up my second independent Home Security system at my holiday home. I have read the previous posts and opted to try setting up the second system using my existing account on which my home system operates. I have followed the instructions up to the stage of the two green lights appearing on the new Netgear router, opened the App on my account and in Set Up tried to add the new Base Station. However, even though I have tried this at least twenty times, the prompt tell me it is taking too long to discover the device. The New Base Station and my iPhone are both connected to to the same WiFi address. Any suggestions please. On one occasion when I left the iPhone open the prompt asked whether I wanted to return Try Factory Reset. Should I do that or can you see why it's not happening as I think Arlo thinks it should. Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you haven't successfully set up the new system, a factory reset would be a good thing to try. Press the reset button on the base until the LEDs flash amber. Let the base reboot and try again. It may also be worth rebooting your router.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

if possible, attempt to setup on a computer first...  https://arlo.netgear.com/

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you haven't successfully set up the new system, a factory reset would be a good thing to try. Press the reset button on the base until the LEDs flash amber. Let the base reboot and try again. It may also be worth rebooting your router.

johnmbailey
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your help.