Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Station Is Always Offline .. No Matter What You Do

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
sachinpf
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried everything possible to get the base station online. Since the time I have changed my router, it's been offline.

I called Arlo support as well as router support (ISP support) and none of them could help. 

It's not a firewall issue, confirmed. Still base station is not coming back online. I am about to throw away the base station with cameras to trash. This is last attemt to see if someone can help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can't see your image yet but your description should be sufficient. The Internet LED has to be green which means the base is able to connect to the servers. An amber Internet LED means it's connected to the router but not the servers (that's where the firewall could come in). The lack of any color means it's not connected to the router which can be due to the cable, the router port or the port on the base. Sounds like you've already tried the first two.

You can try a factory reset by pressing the reset button on the base until the LEDs flash amber. Let it reboot and see if the LED then shows something. If not, use your existing case or open a new one for a bad base.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You haven't provided details as to exactly what you've tried, what you see. What are the LEDs on the base showing? If you don't have green power and Internet LEDs, nothing is going to work.

sachinpf
Aspirant
Aspirant

Base station lightsBase station lightsI see power button. It's green. The other lights are not turning on except the one below camera sign.

What all I have tried so far:

1. The enthernet cord is connected properly as with the same connection, other devics work fine. 

2. I also checked if it's firewall issue by calling ISP provider and followed steps over a call with them. It turned out that it's not firewall issue. 

3. Called Arlo support team to see what's the issue, they tried few things (almost approx. 2 months back), nothing worked.

Hope this helps.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can't see your image yet but your description should be sufficient. The Internet LED has to be green which means the base is able to connect to the servers. An amber Internet LED means it's connected to the router but not the servers (that's where the firewall could come in). The lack of any color means it's not connected to the router which can be due to the cable, the router port or the port on the base. Sounds like you've already tried the first two.

You can try a factory reset by pressing the reset button on the base until the LEDs flash amber. Let it reboot and see if the LED then shows something. If not, use your existing case or open a new one for a bad base.

sachinpf
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, could you please share a link to open a case?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here and again on the new page for options.