Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Arctickat
Follower
Follower

I am using my Arlo system to monitor a remote location with poor internet service. The system was working fine using the motion sensor option on the cameras. Typically I would get 5 - 10 ten second videos per day with no problem.

The issue is that I am being accused of sucking up bandwidth on this shared internet gateway, even when the cameras are not transmitting and the base station is not uploading their video.

Can anyone tell me how much bandwidth is used by the base station when the cameras are inactive?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Using my router's interface to monitor wired traffic in and out, the usage is nil. I'm seeing a maximum of 4.5KB/sec going out with an average of about 1.5KB/sec. Incoming traffic hit a peak of 1.3KB/sec and an average of .03KB/sec.

There's no way you're sucking up bandwidth when quiet. Even uploading a video would be limited, especially with 10 second videos.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Using my router's interface to monitor wired traffic in and out, the usage is nil. I'm seeing a maximum of 4.5KB/sec going out with an average of about 1.5KB/sec. Incoming traffic hit a peak of 1.3KB/sec and an average of .03KB/sec.

There's no way you're sucking up bandwidth when quiet. Even uploading a video would be limited, especially with 10 second videos.