Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Firmware Update Fail!

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
EmilyM
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried turning everything off and turning is back on again. I have tried removing all the decvices and updating the base without cameras synced to it over night. Every time after i go to setting> My devices> Base >device info> firmware and then click the update at the bottom it send me back to the device info but doesn’t seem to actually be updating.

Ive tried starting the update from my iPhone, my fathers galaxy, the PC, and the iPad but nothing. Ive about had it with this system and have no idea why it refuses to update. Please help before I return this and get a different security system.

4 REPLIES 4
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi EmilyM,

What are the status lights displaying on the Base Station?

EmilyM
Aspirant
Aspirant
All the lights are green they never flash or change at all when I click update. Woke up again to “update failed”
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

EmilyM

With a new system, A firmware update will happen automatically & it may take a few days.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you want to try to force the update you can remove all devices from Serttings, My Devices and start fresh. Add the base using the Add Device button on the Devices tab. That should kick off any updates - allow it to finish before syncing cameras.