Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Jetlaag
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, so I travel for business.   My wife hears a noise outside at 3 am and she's upstairs with my kids.  She grabs her phone turns on the ARLO app and then it asks for the SMS code that is being sent to my phone and I am on the other side of the country..!

Makes ALL THE CAMERAS I HAVE TOTALLY USELESS..!!

She is completely frustrated and hates this product because there apparently is no way to turn this ridiculous 2-step verification off...!!

If someone knows a way for my wife to access the camera without having to go to PC in an office downstairs, or having to carry an iPad around with her to get a code, I am open to suggestions.

Otherwise the entire camera system is going back to the store for a refund and I'll get a entire RING camera system, which I do have one RING camera above my garage and a RING doorbell.  Their app is way more user friendly as well.!!!

4 REPLIES 4
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Is your partner’s mobile using your credentials to login or does she have her own account which you share cameras to?

Jetlaag
Aspirant
Aspirant

She is using my creds.   But I just asked her to turn on her Arlo app and she didn't have any issues.

Funny enough, she now says that she is having issues with the 2-step with the RING app...  lol  

Will continue to monitor.   Thx.

and I will be checking on the RING app now.

you should be able to opt-out of any 2-step verification that you wish to.  I don't understand a company forcing you to use it..!!  But it's the world we live in these days, thus the reason for security systems.!!

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

You may want to consider her having her own account, the main account can be used from multiple devices but only one at a time. It will logout any existing logged in sessions.

https://kb.arlo.com/000039122/How-do-I-add-friends-to-my-Arlo-account 

Also be aware that any account will expire the background login session every two weeks so you need to manually logout then back in again to extend the sessions. When the session expires you loose connection to the arlo server from the mobile which includes notifications and geofencing.

Yes arlo is very paranoid about security which I believe is due to dumb coding hence the forced 2FA experience.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

I agree that switching to a "friend" account makes sense.