Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
manilaBoy
Guide
Guide

I have had my system for about 18 months, been working fine,was overseas last week and system shut down,

could not get cameras to work,(offline), back home now i have 2 green lights only, i have re-booted about 10 times, changed cables, still no good, anyone having problems, did we have a firmware update that caused problems.

my internet is working fine 95mbs.

i have re-booted my modem 3 times, turned off base about 10 times, any answers would be appreciated.

18 REPLIES 18
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No explanation.  The fastest route would be to perform a factory reset using the reset button until the LEDs flash amber, remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and add the base back in using the Add Device button on the Cameras tab.  Then resync the cameras.

manilaBoy
Guide
Guide

tried factory reset, still no 3rd green light on base station, tried everything , reset after reset, turned Base station off and on about 20 times, changed cables from station to modem, still no 3rd green light.

any other ideas, maybe a ARLO netgear software problem?.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

manilaBoy wrote:

tried factory reset, still no 3rd green light on base station, tried everything , reset after reset, turned Base station off and on about 20 times, changed cables from station to modem, still no 3rd green light.

any other ideas, maybe a ARLO netgear software problem?.

OK... you have tow GREEN LEDS, and I'll assume the POWER AND INTERNET ar Green ( from left )

This means your cameras are off ( third from left , last of three usu lit )

Have you tried to RE-SYNC the cameras ??

If you do a quick push on the Arlo base button, you should see the third light ( camera ) flashing on base... push the camera sync button and they should connect ( slow then rapid blue flash of led on camera )

If the above fails, then go to SETTINGS > camera > REMOVE DEVICE.  Then you must bring them back as if new with a normal sync .

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
manilaBoy
Guide
Guide

The problem is the base is not connecting with the modem for some reason,

Had this problem 8 months ago and it was iinet changed their software,

The fourth light flashes when sync with the cameras but still no 3rd light, this needs to come

On so I can re-sync the cameras, I have tried removing all devices, still no luck getting the third light to come on,

I will call my internet provider Belong tomorrow to see if they haven’t blocked the ports, or maybe a netgear problem,

or the base station has **bleep** itself.

Cheers

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Ok...its wasn't clear that the Internet led was out.... good luck

As a PS... if able you could test the Base at a second location and see it it's bad or the problem is your locale

Morse is faster than texting!
manilaBoy
Guide
Guide

The Base worked fine for 4 weeks, just stopped working last week, cant get it working again,

i have tried another modem same problem still only the first 2 green lights,

changed cables, re-booted, called my Internet provider today, they told me there has been no changes and ports are open.

what next?

i really thought Netgear was good Quality, i will have second thoughts buying netgear in the near future after this disaster,

and not cheap, i have 7 cameras, anyone want to buy cheap cameras??

manilaBoy
Guide
Guide

Here is the problem, change everyting tried everything, where do you send a faulty base station to ?IMAG1116.jpg

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

From your picture, the two LEDs seem to be green, indicating proper operation of the base.  The lack of the next LED, for camera connection, is outmeaning no cameras are connected.  It could be dead batteries or that the cameras are no longer synced, likely the latter.  Open and close all battery doors and start the sync process by using the Add Device button on the Cameras tab.  Choose the Arlo wireless camera and follow the directions.  The current process is to QUICKLY push the sync button on the side of the base and to not hold it at all.  Then press the sync button on the camera and watch the camera LED - it should slowly blink blue and then rapidly blink blue when the connection is made.  This may take several seconds so don't give up early.  Only if the camera shows an amber LED is there a problem.  A very slow amber blink indicates low batteries which could prevent syncing so watch carefully.

flargaes
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried all possible scenarios to fix the issue I had my cameras for thelast year ½ and they stop working about a week ago.

There is only two green lights on at the base the power and internet, when I tried to zinc the cameras nothing happens no more lights are turning on and no connection.

I changed all the batteries that are not cheap, removed the router from the app and reinstalled tried to connect zinc the cameras one more time and nothing happens, same issue.

Can I connect the cameras directly to the xfinity router ?

Felix

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

flargaes,

This is not likely a router issue as you indicate the base station shows the power and internet LEDs as solid green.

Consider contacting the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

phamtatic
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any body get luck with the third light turn on

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

phamtatic,

The third LED (from the left) is the camera sync LED. This will be lit solid green once a camera is synced.

JamesC

GRPitts
Initiate
Initiate

I am having the same issue & nothing is working.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

GRPitts,

Could you provide more detail on the issue you are experiencing? If the camera LED is unlit this could be due to the camera losing connection with the base station. Consider checking the batteries and replace as needed.

JamesC

SJUAE
Guide
Guide

Yes I have the same issue, everything was fine for over a year.

It's not batteries, its not internet connection, it's not re-synching

Like other posters who equally know how to use and set up, reset etc etc nothing seems to work and just 2 green lights and mobile app reports basestation is offline

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SJUAE,

Consider removing the base station from Settings > My Devices and perform a factory reset by pressing and holding the reset button until all LEDs flash amber. Allow the base station to come back online, log in to your Arlo account and click "Add Device". Follow the on screen instructions. Do you still see the same behavior?

JamesC

SJUAE
Guide
Guide

By chance there was an Android App Update so I used this opportunity to do a complete virgin install which seems to be ok for now

Interestingly despite deleting and resetting everything the server kept the previous pictures for each camera when I re-synch

bierwagongal
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey everyone, 

So I read your messages about this issue and I found the solution, so if you have tried everything 

1. Factory reset - the button on the back you may need a pen to reset it, if that doesnt work then try

2. power off and unplug the power cord wait about 5 min , check all cords, ethernet, power cord to make sure its in good condition and that it is connected of course. if that doesnt work 

3. Then do what I did, remove all devices, sign in to your arlo account remove the cameras and the hub, because I just tried the cameras and it did not work however when I removed the hub it worked. After removing the hub just add new device like when you first bought the product and sync the hub and the cameras individually and it should work fine after that. 

Hope that helps