Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

BASE STATION OFF LINE TEMPORARILY

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
cjayne1983
Initiate
Initiate
noticed the other day no video was recorded for about 2 hrs, know i had taken my pups out and there should have been a video. cameras working before and after. no other problems. wondering if arlo keeps info on when a base station goes off line.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@cjayne1983

That is good news for the cameras. Good luck with everything, we will be here if you need assistance.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@cjayne1983

Are you still experiencing this issue? Can you reboot your base station and test again.

cjayne1983
Initiate
Initiate

no more issues. worked fine before and after. I think we had a teen in our house unplug it as to not trigger the camera. Arlo has worked perfectly for me and I have never had any trouble with it even after moving and reinstalling. Just no video for a short window of time. Found base station's power cord was plugged in just enough to work, a change from when I checked it just days prior. Smells of hot teenaged garbage!! Arlo working great!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@cjayne1983

That is good news for the cameras. Good luck with everything, we will be here if you need assistance.

BlueJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried rebooting and resetting  base still offline.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If the base LEDs are green, it's not offline - it's a display issue. Have yoou logged out of the app and back in? Have you tried a web browser?

J4244r
Aspirant
Aspirant
MyersG43
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tlmyers
Aspirant
Aspirant

Off line and unplugged/ pushed sync buttons  on base and camera's .....not working?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Lots more detail needed. What are the LEDs on the base showing? What have you tried, what do you see?  More detail is better.

Lucy20151-
Aspirant
Aspirant

Lucy20151-
Aspirant
Aspirant
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry, that's not lots more details. Again, what are the LEDs on the base showing? WHat have you tried? WHat do you see? Any error messages? Have you tried both the app and a web browser?

Details. Lots of them.

wenmod
Aspirant
Aspirant

hello @jguerdat my internet light is not lit and ARLO device is offline...but it is connected to internet

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

Sorry, that's not lots more details. Again, what are the LEDs on the base showing? WHat have you tried? WHat do you see? Any error messages? Have you tried both the app and a web browser?

Details. Lots of them.

At least you told me about the LEDs but you still haven't told us anything else. Do you have any idea how hard it is to troubleshoot from afar without them?

Since the Internet LED is out, that means no connection between the base and router. You should reboot the router and base, in that order as well as use a different Ethernet cable plugged into a different port on the router.  And then tell us all the details if that doesn't work.