Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Authentication invalid when trying to restart base station from settings

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MaxV
Guide
Guide

I Have a problem when im trying to restart my basestation from browser page. Settings, Units, My Basestation, restart Basestation. A message "Autenication invalid" shows up in top of browser and notning happends. Any ideas?

I Have tryed to turn power off/on manually but it do not help.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try flushing the browser cache, use a different browser and the app. You can also use the power button on the base to do the same thing to see if that clears the issue.

GoCards
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue, authentication invalid.  I'm attempting to reset my base unit on a system that is over a 1000 miles away.  I have cleared the cache on all my browsers to no avail.  I discovered this issues after having issues with cameras going offline for days.  The only way to bring them back on line was to have someone power down the base unit.  I was looking for a way to reset the base remotely and discovered I could do this within the app.  However, when I attempted from my desktop, I would receive this error message.  I attempted to perform the same function from the mobile app, however, there is no status feedback to let one know if the base is resetting or not.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried the app, perhaps on cell service?

If you still have someone with access, have them buy a WiFi switch such as a WeMo to install on the power lead to the base. Once set up with your credentials, you can use that to power cycle the base yourself remotely. Of course, if the base is truly not connected due to some fault, that may not help. When the person is present to reset/install, ask what the LEDs are showing, including color. That will help us determine what's up, if possible.