Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

At night it's not recording

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
casadejuarez
Follower
Follower
Two of the neighbors dogs ate our chickens and my camera stopped recording at 9pm and didn't starts until 9am. Is there anyway to retrieve that footage? Why did it stop recording at night. Did I select a setting I didn't mean to? Please advise
6 REPLIES 6
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Go into your modes and make sure that Armed is checked or if you have set a schedule that it includes the hours that you need recording.

Does the camera usually pick up the dogs during the day?

I am trying to establish of the camera is located in a position that would pick up the movement of a dog in it's field of view.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

If you're not running a schedule, consider doing so with a night recording mode where the motion sensitivity for the cameras is higher. This is what I do

Alternatively, you could just turn the motion sensitivity up in your normal recording mode but you run the risk of more false alerts with large vehicles passing by or trees swaying in the wind. I generally find the motion sensitivity setting should be more than stock standard 80. Don't forget to go back a page and click SAVE after you alter the motion sensitivity setting for each camera

letenn
Initiate
Initiate

My cameras do the same thing.  They used to record all through the night.  Now they stop recording around 9P, and don't start again until the morning.  They used to capture neighborhood cats walking through out yard.  Last night a cat slept on my car and it didn't record anything.

I have both cameras set to ARM.  I also just turned sensitivity up to 100.  See if that helps.  The cameras were set at 85.  Anyone have a suggestion?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

letenn,

It sounds like you have your cameras set to a schedule, or possibly Geofencing. Check your systems mode and be sure the desired mode is selected.

JamesC

letenn
Initiate
Initiate

It's set to "Armed", and I don't know what GeoFencing is?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

letenn,

If the camera is set to Armed, it should capture motion regardless of the time the motion occurs. Try walking in front of your camera to test to see if motion is detected.

JamesC