Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arming Arlo using Google Assistant

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
tlernst
Apprentice
Apprentice

Can Google Assistant and IFTTT be used to arm Arlo? If so, please provide a step-by-step process. I having tried the recipes in IFTTT to arm the system, but, after setting up IFTTT IAW the steps in the recipe, all Google does when asked to arm Arlo is respond with information concerning the Arlo system, but it does not arm Arlo.

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

tlernst,

You may be able to do this through a third party integration (such as IFTTT, Stringify etc) but Google Assistant is not officially partnered with Arlo.

JamesC

OzMotherboard
Tutor
Tutor
It would certainly help if Arlo made the effort to do this with Google. The Arlo range has so much potential to lead the industry with good products, quality, ease of use and reliability. As I drive home, I'd like to change the Arlo mode. I am already able to turn on lights and I can dream of a day when Arlo modes can be changed.
tlernst
Apprentice
Apprentice

Then why are there IFTTT Arlo applets that are labledto work with the Google Assistant? Supposedly, these were assigned by Arlo.

OzMotherboard
Tutor
Tutor
IFTTT is ok if you have only one zone when one IFTTT command can turn on/ off that one zone. I have the Q Plus as well in a different zone. IFTTT can't be used more than once. I tried using my wife's account to trigger a second command, but no go. So IFTTT isn't a complete solution.