Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Riverpilot35
Tutor
Tutor

After my Arlo camera lost connection I tried numerous times to re-connect it unsuccessfully, so I removed it from the app and then tried to add it back in, but still no luck. When I try the blue light on the camera keeps blinking slow blue and the base station camera light blinks, but no connection ever happens.

I have 3 other cameras connected to the base station that are working fine. I have checked the batteries.

Anbody know what it might be?

Thanks,

Mike.

16 REPLIES 16
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Just to be sure, your doing a QUICK press on the base sync button and then the camera ( NOT holding )?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Riverpilot35
Tutor
Tutor

I initially just did what the app told me when I selected “add a new device”. So I just tried again once using the add new device, but using the method you described using a quick press, then I tried doing what you said without using the app “add new device” and still no luck.

Maybe the camera has failed and needs replacing?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@Riverpilot35 wrote:

I initially just did what the app told me when I selected “add a new device”. So I just tried again once using the add new device, but using the method you described using a quick press, then I tried doing what you said without using the app “add new device” and still no luck.

Maybe the camera has failed and needs replacing?

it is always possible....but I still think it will sync.

Reboot the base via the power button ( off then on ), allow about 2 mins for the base to come fully online.

Attempt to sync.

Just wait about 15 mins between each try and you can either follow 'add device' directions or directly sync it.

PS... if doing above with app, try to do it via the web with a browser.  https://arlo.netgear.com

Riverpilot35
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks @TomMac for the suggestions, but still womn’t Connect. I’ve tried over and over and over.

ds2017
Tutor
Tutor

Hello @TomMac I'm having same issues as you are having. They started about April 21, 2019. My 4-camers system worked fine and no problems until then. Thanks for posting so I know I'm not crazy or stupid. 

ds2017
Tutor
Tutor

To Riverpilot: I'm having same issues as you are having. They started about April 21, 2019. My 4-camers system worked fine and no problems until then. Thanks for posting so I know I'm not crazy or stupid. 

ds2017
Tutor
Tutor

Okay, I have now gotten two cameras back up and online! I tried three 3 different things: 1.) Recharged the camera batteries to 90% plus. One camera has 90% and the second on 95%. 2.) I am on cable. So I disconnected and reconnected the wires of my two upstream routers. The fartherest upstream router is an old Arris brand with a back-up battery I disconnected in the process. 3.) I moved the ethernet cable on the back of the middle router (Linksys) from slot 2 to slot1.

I am recharging the batteries in Camera #3 now, It takes about 2 hours. For the record, these batteries were not dead before my trouble started. They varied but had at least a 40% charge. I don't know which thing or things I did that got me going again. I will repost later today, hopefully to say I got all 4 cameras working normally again.

~David

ds2017
Tutor
Tutor

I have all 4 camers charged and working, but the last one I put back up has only a red/pink color. I took it down, opened and shut the battery door, re-synced it. It's sill only red/pink. I found and old thread about this red issue with 400+ posts. I never did see an answer on how to fix it. Does anyone out there know? Thanks.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @ds2017

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yup. If still under warranty, open a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@ds2017 wrote:

I have all 4 camers charged and working, but the last one I put back up has only a red/pink color. I took it down, opened and shut the battery door, re-synced it. It's sill only red/pink. I found and old thread about this red issue with 400+ posts. I never did see an answer on how to fix it. Does anyone out there know? Thanks.

It's the stuck IR filter.... if out of warranty

I've seen;

1) pull battery and replace ( reset camera ) sometimes works

2) knock on table several times to loosen filter, diff parts/sides of camera

3) put a magnet under the bottom of camera

Don't know how well any of these work , but prob the tapping camera might free it up... if it stays free is another story, good luck

ds2017
Tutor
Tutor

Red color gone! Color is back. Life is good. Thanks.

Pvigneau
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue... 3 camera setup one camera not working. I've done everything. Resync. Replaced batteries. Rebooted system. Nothing works. Had the system for about a year. One camera the IR stopped working and now this camera not connecing to the base.
Riverpilot35
Tutor
Tutor

I have now tried everything suggested with no luck. The camera is long off warranty, so I guess its just stopped working after about 3 years.

ds2017
Tutor
Tutor

Riverpilot,

Forgive me if you have already seen my post I did this past Sunday. I am new to the community and I still don't know exactly how this nessage board works. So I just wanted to be sure you saw my post (copy below) before you give up.. After doing the things below all my system is working fine again.

My system is also three years old and has the "original" plain vanilla Arlo camera. I have a PC laptop computer and I am on cable with 2 routers in addition to the Arlo Netgear base.. I would add that you don't know the true battery strength unless you are on line. It seems for some reason the battery strength runs down faster when it's not working. That's why doing a total recharge is important. Concentrate on getting just one camera online. If you can do that, the rest are a piece of cake. Good Luck my friend. ~David

Okay, I have now gotten two cameras back up and online! I tried three 3 different things: 1.) Recharged the camera batteries to 90% plus. One camera has 90% and the second on 95%. 2.) I am on cable. So I disconnected and reconnected the wires of my two upstream routers. The fartherest upstream router is an old Arris brand with a back-up battery I disconnected in the process. 3.) I moved the ethernet cable on the back of the middle router (Linksys) from slot 2 to slot1.

Riverpilot35
Tutor
Tutor

Yes I did see your post, thank you. But still no luck.