Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo wirelss camera will not sync with VMB3000 base station

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
mdalmuld
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dear Arlo Community,

Hopefully someone can help with the following. I have an Arlo base station (VMB3000) with three Arlo wireless cameras. The cameras won't sync to the base station after I got a new modem/router. When I press the sync button on the base station, the sync status light on the base station starts blinking, but when I press the sync button on any of the cameras there is no blue sync light coming on. None of the three cameras is syncing with the base station.

I have tried the following so far:

• I have power cycled the base station (about 10+ times now)
  • I have factory reset the base station (multiple times)
  • There are brand new batteries in all cameras. I have checked they are positioned correctly
  • I have removed all cameras from the Arlo app so I could start from scratch
  • The power and internet lights on the base station are solid green
  • I am holding the cameras less than 1 foot from the base station when attempting to sync
  • My modem/router recognises the Arlo base station - I can clearly see it listed as one of the connected devices

Any further suggestions anyone? Note that the issue happened after I installed a new modem/router. The modem/router is working fine: I have internet access and have successfully connected many other wired and wireless devices.

Thanks,

mdalmuld

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The only thing I can think of is to move the base unit farther away from the new router...and the try and sync a camera. It may be causing some sort of interference

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
mdalmuld
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks very much for your recommendation, but unfortunately that doesn't resolve the issue.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mdalmuld,

Do you see any LED behavior on the cameras when opening and closing the battery compartment door on the camera?

JamesC

mdalmuld
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello JamesC,

No, I don't see any LED behaviour at all on the cameras. I have three cameras, but there is no LED behaviour when opening and closing the compartment doors.

Thanks,

mdalmuld

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That implies dead batteries but doesn't exclude other possibilities. Have you opened a case with support here?

jes70s12
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good luck as ARLO doesn't support their products after one year warranty runs out. I have one of my 4 cameras that won't sync as well. Tried various solutions but still nothing. Contacted support and after acknowledging camera is faulty won't replace it. If I was you, go with another brand that is reliable and supports their product or you will be out a lot of money in the long run.

mdalmuld
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks,

That doesn't sound promising... I have three cameras that won't sync 😞

Kind regards,

Marc

mdalmuld
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks,

I will open a case with Support...