Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo wireless - new install - tablet doesn't show anything in library but phone and web site do

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jdelano
Aspirant
Aspirant

So just as the title says, I get a notification (on the phone and tablet) and the video is available in the library on my phone (using a login created for my phone), online using my primary account but not displayed on my ASUS ZenPad 8 tablet that I use for my smart devices. I created an account for the tablet and granted it access to the cameras. Just like I did for my S8+ 

Please see the PDF I attached with 3 images, 1 for each device I want to be able to view the clips from.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jdelano,

If you make a manual recording using the tablet, does the content show up in the library (for the tablet and other devices)? Do you have all devices shared and access rights toggled on from your primary account?

JamesC

jdelano
Aspirant
Aspirant

James,

Thank you for the reply.

I just did a manual recording via the tablet, then switched to the library view. Initially, nothing was displayed then the manual recording and a previous recording showed up. Also, just as I was typing this an alert sounded and I checked the library again and the new video is displayed now as well. 

It is as if the tablet needed to write to the library to know it had access to it. I am going to assume that this is the model of the tablet that caused this bizarre behavior.

All 3 videos display on my phone as well as via the browser on my laptop using the primary acct login. 

I'll delete all 3 and see what happens after that as an additional test.

Thank you,

Jon

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jdelano,

You might also take a look at the devices power saving settings. It's possible it could be putting the app to sleep after a short idle time, resulting in it missing recent changes such as new videos coming into the library and push notification alerts.

JamesC

jdelano
Aspirant
Aspirant

All new videos have been available on the tablet sine yesterday after I did the delete too.

That's a good call 👍 I'll look at the power settings