Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
BlackH20
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have six camera's that I have purchased, three have been defective.  Two pink cast all the time, one records for the set time over and over until batteries are dead.  Libary jus filled while running through some not so cheap batteries twice.  Yes, did all the resets, surely replaced the batteries,

With a 50% fail rate on my camera's puchased and over $500 invested, batteries, hardware, plus time setting up, going over the trouble shooting over and over, sending back camera, reading the boards, I am not seeing the value.  Can't invest in newer pieces because 90 days of support isn't cutting it.   Have three running, think it's time to cut bait and go hardwire, spend the extra $500-$1000K and do it right.

I want a video monitoring system, not a hobby.  

3 REPLIES 3
jerry2017
Star
Star

What model on cam?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

And have you opened a case with support yet? Lots of folks have spent way too much time struggling with an issue that was immediately resolved when faulty hardware was replaced.

BlackH20
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I have two cases open, one that shows all pink cast all the time and this one that drains batteries then stops.  But this, with another one that was sent back for pink cast all the time is three camera failures out of the six I bought.   To me, too high of a failure rate.  If this was an iphone and I had to return 50% of them that I bought over the past 10 years, I don't think they would be in business.   Yes, I have spent too much time on the site, then when on the phone they make me go through the task again, changing the batteries, reseting, resyncing.  As I stated, I was looking for a security system, change the batteries maybe every 4 months, great, but not looking for a full time hobby and getting badges for how often I post.