Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
paulie59
Guide
Guide

it's a shame people make alot of money from products such as these but don't care after it's sold. so i'm watching my 95 yr old Mother, she already fell once. have a camera in her bedroom and everytime it detects motion like when she is ready to get out of bed, the picture freezes and defeats the purpose of having it. she lives with me. i tried everything anyone has ever suggested but why don't the people that designed this thing have the answers. there are alot of the same problems going on for way too long. your laughing all the way to the bank! very sad. piece of junk!

12 REPLIES 12
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @paulie59

What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? I do not want to suggest anything you may have previously performed.

paulie59
Guide
Guide

made sure firmware was up to date

had camera's plugged into wall outlet with batteries installed, removed batteries

deleted both camera's and base station and started over by the start-up protocol

moved modem closer. originally about 60ft. now 10ft from each camera

this is all i tried, taken from the forum, there is probably more but don't have the time to read everything but then again i shouldn't have to. i've seen this same problem asked by many other people quite a while ago. don't seem like anything changes. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have not had any reports on the picture freezing when motion is detected. Have you tried to reboot the cameras by opening & closing the battery door for the original Arlo Wire free? or remove the devices from Settings > My Devices > Re-Add

JehovasFitness
Luminary
Luminary

I've had the same problem recently with one of my Arlo 2s w/CVR and during live view. When motion, it freezes, likely cause it's trying to record.

this is a problem that wasn't there before.  It's not a camera issue, it's a firmware issue.

paulie59
Guide
Guide

thank you. my firmware is up to date(at least it says it is) very frustrating

JehovasFitness
Luminary
Luminary

sorry, meant to imply it's a firmware issue problem on Arlo's side

paulie59
Guide
Guide

understood. that's how i read it. thanks

paulie59
Guide
Guide

i already told you what i tried! really don't care if you heard of this problem or not. now you heard of it. this is junk. you can't even fix your own product!

Rockporter
Initiate
Initiate

I also have an Arlo camera that is freezing after about 14 seconds of recording. It is an Arlo Pro2 4 camera system. It appears to be a problem for many Arlo users.

I never had problems with two cameras but last week added the other two that came with the pack and have had problems ever since. Losing connection. Camera freezes. 

Is there going to be any updates to fix this issue?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Rockporter

What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? I do not want to suggest anything you may have previously performed.

paulie59
Guide
Guide

read above. i ain't goin thru that again. that was 2 months ago. ????

Rockporter
Initiate
Initiate

It appears to be working fine again. It was odd that I never had a problem until installing the other two cameras that came with the kit. Trying to install the two cameras was a real pain with all the video freezing, lost connection from base unit, base unit losing connection to internet. It took minutes to install the first two last year but the second two I installed recently took over an hour with all the problems. 

Thank you for the reply. If problems return I will come back to ask for help.