Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo wireless and netgear base station

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
ginnsinn
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can i log into the arlo base station and use it as a internet router also how can i change its name from netgear to something else?
4 REPLIES 4
ginnsinn
Aspirant
Aspirant
Also can two people set up separate accounts on one base station. For example, one from the mobile app and a different account from a pc?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ginnsinn,

You cannot log into the Arlo base station. The SSID cannot be changed and is broadcasted to allow only Arlo Wire-Free cameras to sync to it.

Two people can have access to the same base station/account by utilizing the Grant Access feature. In this way, the primary user grants a secondary user access to the cameras on the primary account.

JamesC

ginnsinn
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks James.
1st issue understood. "Why I cannot log on".
Just a bit more clarification on the 2nd issue.
So if I set up the account on my mobile download the app etc... can't set up a end account on a pc. The second account being completely seperate from the 1st.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

ginnsinn wrote:
Thanks James.
1st issue understood. "Why I cannot log on".
Just a bit more clarification on the 2nd issue.
So if I set up the account on my mobile download the app etc... can't set up a end account on a pc. The second account being completely seperate from the 1st.

You don't need a second account for any device.  The master account works on any device.  The use of Grant Access allows another person to connect uniquely, again on any device.  That allows you to share access to the videos and, optionally, the system (admin rights) without compromising the master account login details.  An added benefit is that the second account won't kick off the first user as will happen when using the master account.