Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo wirefree cameras don't sync back up after power outage.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
sassynonna
Initiate
Initiate

I purchased the Arlo wire-free with base unit (router) and two cameras from QVC>  Everything was working fine until a power outage and now the cameras won't sync back up automatically.  I had someone install the two cameras outside on porches and I can't reach them.  This is a second home for me and when I am gone I'm not here to keep messing with the cameras.  That was the entire idea of installing them in the first place but it looks like they are going to need constant attention.  Any ideas would be appreciaited.

1 REPLY 1
steve_t
Master Master
Master

How long was the power outage? Normally, you can power cycle the base and it's back to normal. You'd need to go into the app, settings, My devices, base station and click "Restart"
Also you would be wise to consider a UPS on the base (and modem router) and install a USB drive in your base station and turn on USB recording for in case the internet or power goes out.
If the power was out for a long time, the cameras may need recharging as they expend a bit of power searching for the base to reconnect back to