Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
MechanicTed
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just re setting up my system. Prior the system installed and both app and web portal worked great. Now (a year later) I cannot live view on the web portal. I can only live view on the app. The web portal will never connect. I have completely powered down the entire system every camera and base station I have removed all camera`s from my portal and reinstalled every device. Still the same issue. can only live view from iPhone app. In the portal I can watch library recordings. Also any info on how to locally store recording with out having to do a manual down load every day from the library such as a external HDD USB thumb drive directly from the base station ?  Thanks !

8 REPLIES 8
MechanicTed
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just to make it more clear I can log into the web portal and view the device page. But when I click on a camera to live view it will not connect to the camera. When I do the same from the iPhone app it works perfect.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The issue is prob Flash... it is off by default nowdays.

If in Fire Fox, click on the 'lego' icon that appears after hitting play ( to left of address bar )

allow flash and all is fine.

Soon , at least by end of year, you will not have this issue as Arlo has to migrate over to html5

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
MechanicTed
Aspirant
Aspirant

I checked the flash it is installed and enabled. I downloaded opera and installed flash on that also with the same result with one exception now it says flash is not the current version. In opera I am running the latest version of flash. Just did the download this morning. any idea what it could be  ?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MechanicTed wrote:

I checked the flash it is installed and enabled. I downloaded opera and installed flash on that also with the same result with one exception now it says flash is not the current version. In opera I am running the latest version of flash. Just did the download this morning. any idea what it could be  ?

I don't think opera is supported.  Have you tried a different browser?  If so, which one?

mynameizdon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Flash is history.. I called these Arlo people and they told me to view it on my phone. They don't have a fix yet for viewing on the computer now that flash is gone 😠 My advice would be to throw them in the trash and buy from  another company. The reason I say this is because I bought the two base stations and five cameras 3 years ago and have had nothing but trouble with them. Two have lost night vision, three drains the batteries in 2 weeks, (They are all in remote areas that don't have traffic) and the base stations keeps going off line. Also if an object is coming straight at the camera it will not pick it up until the object turns and moves across the line of view and by then if it is moving fast you will not see much on replay. I have spent enough on batteries that I could have bought the best out there. And they tell you to buy the rechargeable batteries to save money, but who wants to climb a ladder every couple weeks to charge them! I have the model VMS3-30. This has been a bad experience for me and just want to help people out. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mynameizdon wrote:

Flash is history.. I called these Arlo people and they told me to view it on my phone. They don't have a fix yet for viewing on the computer now that flash is gone 

Not sure who you talked to, but you can certainly view the videos in the web client.  2K or 4K require edge though.

mynameizdon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi StephenB 

Thank you for the reply. Maybe this will help someone else, but I am not going out to the landfill and ask them if I can go look for my Netgear Cameras!!!  Lol.... I am going to try another route 🙂

Minburn57
Apprentice
Apprentice

"They don't have a fix yet for viewing on the computer now that flash is gone"

The answer to a question I've had the past few weeks.  Par for the f course for Arlo.

That said, almost incredibly, I havent' had issues with the base or cameras for a month or two now.  Hurrah!!  What a 'fine' security system on offer when you are excited about a couple months of problem free service acxross 5 or 6 years of chronic issues . . . . .