Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo vm53230c light on my router is orange

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Daddysmell
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have it connect to my router but the light on my router is orange like something is wrong between the router and Base Station

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The connection between the base and router is 100Mb/s so the orange/amber router lED is appropriate.  You don't need faster since the amount of data possibly sent between the devices is much less than that.

Daddysmell
Aspirant
Aspirant

So Should I purchase a better router or wifi extender? With all that I have running on Wifi? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Guess I don't understand your issue.  You say that your ROUTER LED is orange and I replied that it's indicating the speed of the Ethernet connection.  If you really mean that your BASE Internet LED is amber, that's different.  That means your base is connected to your router fine but the router is somehow blocking access to the Arlo servers.  That can be for a variety of reasons but first try turning off/unplugging your modem, router and base.  Then turn them back on, in that order, waiting for each to finish booting before going to the next device.  Is the base Internet LED still amber or is it now green?