Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo unavailable

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
washpole
Aspirant
Aspirant

Trying to set up my base station and it keeps telling me Arlo is unavailable even though my computer can detect the station.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering has identified the cause of this error and has deployed a fix to prevent users from experiencing this issue. The engineering team is continuing to work on a long-term solution for this issue so that users do not experience this in the future. For customers who previously were experiencing this behavior, please try again and let us know if any unexpected errors persist.

JamesC

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

if the 3 left most leds are green, try a different browser like Fire Fox.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
washpole
Aspirant
Aspirant

Only got two green lights. Have got station linked to computer its when I try to register it that it comes up with Arlo unavailable. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

washpole wrote:

Only got two green lights. Have got station linked to computer its when I try to register it that it comes up with Arlo unavailable. 

If they are the left two leds, you have POWER - INTERNET.  Which ones are green ?

Morse is faster than texting!
rn4surgery
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having the same problem. The two left are Greenbush I haven't been able to connect to arlo because of that message
rn4surgery
Aspirant
Aspirant
Green....not greenbush...ugh
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try turning off/uplug your modem, router and base.  Turn them back on in that order.  Did that help?

Andy_CN
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am trying to register the product

base station has been recognized and I am trying to set up an account and keep getting the message

'arlo currently unavailable'

I have also had the message that passwords not recognized; I have re-entered and then had the message

that Arlo is unavailable

Is your live chat available in Europe ?

The Live chat will not accept European telephone numbers - I get a message that the number is not valid

for French / Swiss and UK numbers

Andy_CN
Aspirant
Aspirant

TomMac wrote:

if the 3 left most leds are green, try a different browser like Fire Fox.

I have tried chrome and firefox browsers and via an iphone to register

After several messages that Arlo is unavailable I now have the message

We are unable to claim this device please contact Arlo Support

Please help

Does live Chat work in Europe, it did not accept European phone numbers

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Andy_CN,

I was able to review your open support case and it appears the issue you were having has been resolved. Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

JamesC

Blanali
Aspirant
Aspirant

DOES NOT WORK - AVOID AT ALL COSTS

Spent $800 for the 6 camera system with replacement warranty. Tried setting up through Android phone.

Result: "We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable, please try again later."

Tried on computer with Firefox:

Safari:

Chrome (at the insistance of the tech support):

Tech support did the usual "reboot everything, unplug, plug in, reset (base station, modem, etc)"

Utter and complete crap. Going back in the box and getting my money back.
manfredz
Hero
Hero

works for many of us.

could be many causes for your issue.  Didn't tech support want to troubleshoot further?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We understand a small number of users are experiencing an issue with device registration. The engineering team is working hard to provide a resolution. I will post an update as soon as we have more information.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and appreciate your patience and understanding in this process.

JamesC

Roudee
Aspirant
Aspirant
JamesC any word on the fix?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering has identified the cause of this error and has deployed a fix to prevent users from experiencing this issue. The engineering team is continuing to work on a long-term solution for this issue so that users do not experience this in the future. For customers who previously were experiencing this behavior, please try again and let us know if any unexpected errors persist.

JamesC