Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
rvbd
Tutor
Tutor

So I just bought a new Arlo with 2 cameras. However I'm currently stuck at setting up new system... it simply times out.

Is there anyone that knows how to fix this? The devices are brand new and I'm not sure what's the deal here.

I have tried hitting the reset button too...

Thanks all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rvbd
Tutor
Tutor

OK so finally managed to set this up!

As I previously thought, it looks like a registration server issue more than anything else.

Basically the secret to make this work is just to keep trying. If the app/website doesn't find the base station the first time, simply keep trying. The same with registration process, if it comes back with time out, just keep hitting the submit button, eventually you'll get in.

It's actually a very poor user experience from Netgear. If it's not because it's already late here, I would have returned this to the shop and get a refund. Let's see how we go with the actual usages...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
rvbd
Tutor
Tutor

Hitting reset a couple times enables the app to detect the device. However when going through registration, I got a message "Messaging service not available".

This device is not cheap and it's really a disappointing start. I'm not sure how the rest of the people in this forum fix this issue as all the suggestions are about reset. I hope there are netgear representatives in this forum at all...

Gonna try again with the detection...

aeroxlll
Tutor
Tutor

same thing here, tried the android ap, firefox,IE11, all to no avail. best I can get is the base station serial populating and then a [request timed out] error.....was working fine till tonight.

rvbd
Tutor
Tutor

I just can't believe how difficult this is to setup... when I used the $50 Tenvis camera it worked the first go...

Still the same so far...now my base station doesn't even connect to the internet anymore (amber)

rvbd
Tutor
Tutor

So so far still stuck with that detecting your device bit. I'm starting to think that their servers might be down or something.

I think I might have bought myself a crappy product...

Phone support line for arlo takes ages as well this is not even funny.

rvbd
Tutor
Tutor

OK so finally managed to set this up!

As I previously thought, it looks like a registration server issue more than anything else.

Basically the secret to make this work is just to keep trying. If the app/website doesn't find the base station the first time, simply keep trying. The same with registration process, if it comes back with time out, just keep hitting the submit button, eventually you'll get in.

It's actually a very poor user experience from Netgear. If it's not because it's already late here, I would have returned this to the shop and get a refund. Let's see how we go with the actual usages...