Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo stopped working. Tried to reconnect but app won't find Base Station

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
pcannel2
Aspirant
Aspirant

My arlo camera was working fine until yesterday it stopped working and I've tried to reconnect it all but the app now won't find the base station I've gone through all the trouble shooting steps but still no joy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you removed it from your account, it's not claimed. It's like it's new. 

A reset is not turning the power off. That's a power cycle. A reset is done using the reset button on the base, near the power switch. Press and hold until the LEDs flash amber. Once it reboots, use the Add Device selection on the Devices tab to claim it. Sync the cameras. Update firmware as you go if prompted.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The base should already be claimed so it can't be "found" again. WHat are the LEDs on the base showing? Exactly what have you tried, in detail?

pcannel2
Aspirant
Aspirant

All the LEDs are green

I removed the base station from my account so if it is claimed how do I add it back ?

I've turned the base station off reset it still doesn't work 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you removed it from your account, it's not claimed. It's like it's new. 

A reset is not turning the power off. That's a power cycle. A reset is done using the reset button on the base, near the power switch. Press and hold until the LEDs flash amber. Once it reboots, use the Add Device selection on the Devices tab to claim it. Sync the cameras. Update firmware as you go if prompted.

pcannel2
Aspirant
Aspirant

All sorted, thank you very much for your help