Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Renamilstein
Follower
Follower

The backyard Arlo camera that guards my side gate to the backyard is mounted under a structure to protect from rain. This camera is alerting me 100+ times a day. After installing this 3 weeks ago, I have yet to see something triggering the motion.  I have increasingly set the sensitivity down to 25 but still does it.

this is now a nuisance rather than a feeling of security for me.

any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Could be reflected IR that's causing it. Post a screenshot.

lhouzhou01
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same thing here.  have had for 3 months, but problem Started about 3 weeks ago.  I have two cameras; the driveway one is working fine, but the other one on the side of the house constantly recording/sending alerts when nothing there.  Don't know why.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If it's been working for a while... I had a similar problem too... but it was a spider walking making a web ...simple fix was to clean it.

If you can , try swapping the two cameras and see if the problem follows the 'bad' camera... If it does, try and reset it ( open/close battery door ).

If still continues, contact netgear.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
shakenbake27
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

I am having this exact issue. I set my camera up under my front porch facing my driveway and the first night I had it, it worked great. Each night has slowly given me more headache. I woke up this morning to 46 notifications and not one thing was captured. It's going off every three minutes according to the time on the videos and is draining my battery. The only thing I have noticed is my license plate is very bright on my vehicle, a few bugs have flown by throughout the video, and the fact that it's under the porch ceiling (but you can't see that in the camera so I can't imagine that being the problem). I have the sensitivity turned down to one and it STILL goes off every three minutes. My car was broken into a few weeks ago which is why I purchased this product so I'm in need of figuring this out! Any suggestions??

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Take the camera to a dark room with no movement, remove and reinsert the battery and see if it still happens.  If so, it's a hardware problem that you'll need to open a case with support for.