Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo (purchased winter 2017) not recording or live streaming

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
anthonysmartin4
Aspirant
Aspirant
My arlo cameras purchased about 6 months ago stopped working this past week. I cannot live-stream and no videos are recorded when motion is detected. I still get notifications in the Arlo app when motion is detected but when i login no videos have been recorded and I'm unable to live-stream the cameras at that time also. I also stopped receiving email notifications of motion being detected (I'm guessing that's bc no actual videos are being recorded), even though as I mentioned i do still get that initial notification from the app that motion was in fact detected. Any tips on troubleshooting?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
anthonysmartin4
Aspirant
Aspirant

Neither the app nor a web browser was working. Yesterday evening the cameras started magically working fine again, recording videos and allowing live streaming. I didn't look at the base station while it was having the problems, but if it happens again I will definitely look at the base station and post here. Thanks for the response.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are the LEDs on the base showing? Have you power cycled the base? Have you tried both the app and a computer browser? Does either one work?

anthonysmartin4
Aspirant
Aspirant

Neither the app nor a web browser was working. Yesterday evening the cameras started magically working fine again, recording videos and allowing live streaming. I didn't look at the base station while it was having the problems, but if it happens again I will definitely look at the base station and post here. Thanks for the response.