Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Dholly
Guide
Guide

Arlo

For weeks now, since last update my 4 original  Arlo cameras and one Arlo Pro won’t stay online.

Base station drops offline every day, then cameras go offline. I’ll reboot, sync and the one Pro I have will attach if plugged in, otherwise drops.

Batteries drain in a few days VS weeks & months…

Arlo Base station VBM3000

Anyone know how to fix this issue?

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Is the network an issue? what type?

how close is the base unit to the wifi router?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Dholly
Guide
Guide

Network issue….very good question, thank you!
Honesty I hadn’t considered it being a problem, but… 

I did get a new router about the same time, a  “Mesh” TP link with 3 base stations.

Prior to the TP Link, my router quit working, I purchased another one that under preformed, returned it & settled on the TP Mesh. With no wifi & changing routers, all cameras were down, sitting in my office next to the base station to be rebooted. The new router has improved my wifi with everything else at the house. 

At install, I disconnected everything & the Arlo connected normally. But hasn’t work right since! 

The “Base Station” sits right next to the “lead router” which is one of three…

Do you think this could be the problem? 

Thank you

dcfox1
Master
Master

@Dholly wrote:

The “Base Station” sits right next to the “lead router” which is one of three…

Do you think this could be the problem? 

Thank you

Try moving the base as far away from the router as the cable will allow. It has solved many interference problems here. I did it at the beginning and it did help.

Dholly
Guide
Guide

Yes Sir, will do it right now!

Thank you so much! 

Dholly
Guide
Guide
Since I moved base station over 24 hours ago it hasn’t dropped
Off:)). Hoping this is the easy answer, thank you so much!

Another problem that hasn’t improved is the one (single) Arlo Pro I used at the front door works only when plugged in. As soon as I unplug it after charged, it drops off & stays off until plugged in again.
This Arlo Pro used to run great for a month with its own battery before needing a charge.

Any ideas?

Thank you
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dholly wrote:

Another problem that hasn’t improved is the one (single) Arlo Pro I used at the front door works only when plugged in. As soon as I unplug it after charged, it drops off & stays off until plugged in again.
This Arlo Pro used to run great for a month with its own battery before needing a charge.

How old is the battery?

Maybe try swapping the battery with another camera and see if the problem moves (or not).