Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
sbisson
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm setting up an Arlo system, and have a .co.uk email hosted on Office 365. I'm not getting email confirmation messages sent to my domain, and have had to set up using a gmail.com address. However I'm also not getting notifications to email addresses on the .co.uk address, and friend requests are't being sent either.

Is this a problem with my address specifically or with all non-US email addresses?

11 REPLIES 11
DanielT
Arlo Employee Retired

Upon registration, did you confirm your email? You can verify that your email has been confirmed by logging in and going to Settings > Personal Information. This is a necessary step in order to receive emails from Arlo.

DanielT

Netgear Arlo Customer Support

sbisson
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's not sending the confirmation mail to the Office 365 .co.uk address - it worked when sent to Gmail.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Interesting. I can get the confirmation email with no problem. However, neither my wife nor I get any notification emails. Both are gmail accounts.

DanielT
Arlo Employee Retired

jguerdat,

1. Have you clicked the link in the confirmation email, to confirm your email address?

2. Have you specified in your rule that an email notification be sent with each motion event?

I look forward to your answers... Happy to help you further if need be.

DanielT

Netgear Arlo Customer Support

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

1. Have you clicked the link in the confirmation email, to confirm your email address?

I see the problem - not reading the email to see that there was a verification link. Perhaps placing that link by itself, maybe with different wording ("VERIFY HERE!") would be useful for schmucks like me.

laurenc
Luminary
Luminary

@sbisson , 

Can you please confirm the following: 

1) You have setup your Arlo account with a Gmail account because you were unsuccessful with your .co.uk email? Can you please PM me what .co.uk email address you were using?

2) You would like to receive email notifications to your .co.uk account, but you are not receiving any emails to this account?

3) You would like to invite Friends with .co.uk accounts, but they do not receive confirmation emails. Can you please PM me their email addresses? 

4) Can you please verify that confirmation emails are not going to the junk/spam folder for these .co.uk accounts? 

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you!

Lauren 

Arlo Team

sbisson
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is all correct; I shall PM you the details. I have also checked the server rules on my Office 365 Exchange instance, and no mail has been rejected, nor is there any in the server quarantine mailbox.

DanielT
Arlo Employee Retired

sbisson,

The ability to receive mail at your .co.uk email address should now be fixed. Please test and let us know if it continues to fail.

Thank you!

DanielT

Netgear Arlo Customer Support Team

simonbisson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes all working (though it did mean creating a new account for this forum as well!)

AntiqueCharlie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo will not send a confirmation to my email account which is charlie@gothiccity.com

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AntiqueCharlie,

Welcome to the community! In order to receive Arlo alerts you must first confirm the e-mail attached to your account. To do this please navigate to "account settings" and click "personal information."  Then click "confirm your email to receive motion alert."  Once this is done a confirmation e-mail will be sent to your inbox, you must click the link provided in that e-mail to complete the confirmation. Once you have done this you will receive a confirmation that says "Your e-mail address has been confirmed and your email alerts are now activated."

Hope this helps!

JamesC