Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jornet16
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey

I installed Arlo with 4 cameras about 6 months ago.  Everything seemed fine.  But today, I had to track what the fedex guy did when he was at my house.

I have 2 recordings from one of my cameras but none from the other in front of my house at around the same time.

I have recordings from both cameras before and after the fedex visit. 

I have no recording of the fedex guy leaving a tag on my door, but he did.

Has anyone seen this ?  Video's not being collected intermittently ?

This is the first time I really needed it and can't see what should have been recorded ?

Thanks

JOR

5 REPLIES 5
manfredz
Hero
Hero

The Arlo records for the length you have set, from 20 to 120 sec.  Then it stops for a few sec (I don't know how many) and the does a new recording if it then detects more motion.

jornet16
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey

I understand that there is a recording length.  In my situation, A fedex truck pulled into my driveway at 11:33am.  That was recorded and then ended.

At 11:37am, he was getting back into his truck.  That's 4 minutes later and the motion he generated in between was not recorded.

This seems very odd to me.   Should I adjust sensitivity ?

manfredz
Hero
Hero

How long is your recording length set to?

jornet16
Aspirant
Aspirant

It was set to 10secs.  I just increased it to 30.

manfredz
Hero
Hero

i have mine set for max 120sec but my cams are all easily accessible and all have rechargeable matteries so using more juice isn't an issue.

And since netgear no longer enforces a space limit, just the 7 days, I find this minimizes chance for missing anything.