Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo mounting help

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Philby12
Tutor
Tutor

Hi all

After advice from others who may have done it.

Trying to monitor if any possoms which come along my fence lines, are going across roof at front.

Thought about mounting camera on what is I belieave called Facia just under gutters, that is metal, assume one would need plugs for screws to stop any water gettng in.

Or where could I put camera mount above gutter?

As you can tell not that much of a handyperson, just after some ideas.

Thanks

Phil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Philby12
Tutor
Tutor

HI guys, thansk for replises and sugegstions.

Photo atatched of where I was thinking of mounting it, but while I did that, I found a place where I think wil do, I have a Mesh covering side front of house and it's beams are high enough to mount camera on, and being wood no problem.

But picture of other area I was thinking of, as not sure where this Possum actually goes on roof is attached.

Thanks

Phil

Roof 1.JPG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Philby12,

It can sometimes take some trial and error to find optimal conditions for your Arlo system. Perhaps posting a picture of the environment you are describing would help us suggest a position for your camera.

JamesC

Thman
Aspirant
Aspirant
If your looking to mount the camera temporarily you could screw the camera mount into the soffit (the underside of your roof overhang) utilizing the existing ventilation slots. This would leave almost no visible damage and wouldn't require any plugs. (I'm assuming you have aluminum vented soffits)
Philby12
Tutor
Tutor

HI guys, thansk for replises and sugegstions.

Photo atatched of where I was thinking of mounting it, but while I did that, I found a place where I think wil do, I have a Mesh covering side front of house and it's beams are high enough to mount camera on, and being wood no problem.

But picture of other area I was thinking of, as not sure where this Possum actually goes on roof is attached.

Thanks

Phil

Roof 1.JPG