Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
djsassan
Star
Star

New user here, got the basic Arlo system with four cameras.  My current issue is that I have a camera mounted facing from the side to the front door and driveway, which also picks up a portion of my street.  I have the camera motion sensitivity set to 1%, but it STILL trips an alert every time a car goes by.  I would really rather not turn it off, as there are times when I have people at my door and I would like to be able to see what is going on.  

What are my options here?

5 REPLIES 5
manofice
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I'm dealing with the same thing. Not an issue per say for me but a minor nuance. I plan to adjust the camera later today to maybe aim it a little differently. I still want to catch any motion near my mailbox, driveway, and front house. I just have to aim it downards more maybe. Your best bet is trying the same.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Also make sure you're adjusting the sensitivity in your modes, not in Settings. The motion detection test has a sensitivity slider but that has nothing to do with actual operation - it's just for finding a good setting.

Location and exact positioning has everything to do with eliminating distracting detections. Minimize the view of the camera for best operation.

GrantMeThePower
Aspirant
Aspirant
I don't see anywhere to adjust sensitivity in modes. Modes only let's me turn the system armed or disarmed or scheduled or geofenced.

Any little tiny movement sets the camera off even at 1% detection.

Any idea?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
You have to edit the modes using the pencil or > on the right to change settings.
djsassan
Star
Star

OK I think I got it.

I am using the geofencing mode for it to auto start/stop when we are not home per GPS. 

I created a new custom mode, and set the camera motion sensitivity and record length to my desired settings.  Then I have that set as the mode to arm into when the geofencing goes into effect.

Going to try for a couple of days to see what happens.