Arlo motion detection only works close up

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Rtasma
Aspirant
Aspirant
I installed 3 arlo cameras up yesterday. The system seemed to work fine. Today, the motion detection is only working when the motion is within 5 feet from camera. This problem is with all 3 cameras! I have played with adjustment of sensitivity and nothing fixed it. I have utilized the motion detection test but still have the problem. Any help would be great.
8 REPLIES 8
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Have you edited the rules for the cameras and set motion sensitivity and 100 and then gone back and clicked SAVE?

Rtasma
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, I have, Steve. I just tried to delete one of the cameras and then resynced same camera to see if this would reset it, but still have the problem. During test, the light only blinks once I'm within 10 ft.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Are you walking directly towards the camera to test it?

Rtasma
Aspirant
Aspirant
No. I would get at certain distances and walk or make motions across the view. I had already watched tutorial on performing the test. Thank you very much for your time helping me, Steve!!!
steve_t
Master Master
Master

No problem. And it's definitely not sensing the motion as opposed to having a lag between sensing the motion and starting recording? Most people find there is noticeable lag

Rtasma
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, it's definitely the sensing.

One of the things I've noticed, is in all three cameras, there is something partially in the view where I've installed them. Small things, but may be problem. Like in one camera, there's part of a 1x6 in view, from where I mounted it under my top floor deck. So, none of the cameras have a 100% open view. Not sure if I'm chasing the right problem or not. They are only small obstructions.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Post screenshots of the various cameras.

Also, it may be worth resetting and starting fresh.  Remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and then use the Add Device button in the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras.

Rtasma
Aspirant
Aspirant
Jguerdat, I will give that a try! I tried to do it with just one camera but problem is still there. I'll try and reset all of them!