Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
jbs1
Apprentice
Apprentice

10/13/16 mobile update will not allow me to save the password in the Arlo app. I unistalled & reinstalled on 2 phones ~ How can I get it to save my password again? (Both phones are Verizon Androids) 

31 REPLIES 31
chetcalhoun
Initiate
Initiate

nothing like driving home and have to pull over to type your password in.  also nothing like the unconcern over the problem by the arlo folks!

davidvogler
Star
Star

NetGear is well known for having BAD customer service, a deeply user-unfriendly web site and zero interest in helping customers. Arlo is a good product but owner NetGear didn't make it. They bought it. NetGear is now doing what they do best ---running an acquired product straight into the ground and killing a good thing. NetGear STINKS. Don't bother attempting to call or email support. They will waste hours of your time because of their incompetence, arrogance and blatent laziness. Frustrating.

davidvogler
Star
Star

Many, many users are having this bug. App won't save password. Problem confirmed on all iOS versions and devices. Same with Android. One thing you can be sure of: NetGear (owner of Arlo) doesn't give a damn about the user. I have lost faith. It could be moths --but likely never-- that they will address their bug.  A real pity.

Merman
Guide
Guide

Not sure what changed, but as of yesterday, the app (iPhone 6 plus) is working as before for me now. When I open the app, it either shows me the login screen with my login and password pre-populated or jumps directly into the devices screen. I haven't installed any updates.

Merman
Guide
Guide

I may have spoke too soon, the password auto-filling seems to be hit or miss. The whole process of opening the app seems to be unstable. Really strange.

TEMPA
Tutor
Tutor

The only solution I have found to this issue is to turn on the "login with Touch ID" option in the app on my iPhone 6+. At least that lets me log in to the app without having to retype my password everytime but it is only a stop gap as if my wife picks up my phone she still has to type in the full password to access the app because she isn't set up for Touch ID on my phone.

BRIC135
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am not sure if this is the issue here but it may help some. Make sure that you go into "New to Arlo" and the app says that it is discovering your device (smart phone ) make sure you press the save button at the top of the page before you press continue. Otherwise the app continues on to the end and then says that Arlo is not available try again later.