Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
jbs1
Apprentice
Apprentice

10/13/16 mobile update will not allow me to save the password in the Arlo app. I unistalled & reinstalled on 2 phones ~ How can I get it to save my password again? (Both phones are Verizon Androids) 

31 REPLIES 31
jbs1
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've been trying to save the password on our phones for the Arlo app since this update - probably something easy? Any ideas on this issue? Thank you!!!  

Rustydogg
Guide
Guide

I'm having the same trouble. The password won't save in the App. I need to enter it each time I open it.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Neither state what OS and device your using....

Can say on the Android( LG phone/4.42 ) and iOS ( ipad g3/9.3.5) I have nor problem.

But then I never sign out on either.... On the Ipad esp, you must just swipe out of app or hit main button (not sign out in settings ) or pushes won't come thru

Maybe more info or let Netgear know what your using so they can check on it if a new version of OS

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
davidvogler
Star
Star
WTF? Suddenly iOS arlo app won't save my password. Why? Asks me to log in every time.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

davidvogler wrote:
WTF? Suddenly iOS arlo app won't save my password. Why? Asks me to log in every time.

All i can recommend is Open the APP in  IOS settings

Do a forced stop of the app AND delete the CACHE data

Remove App and re-install.

Morse is faster than texting!
rcor
Aspirant
Aspirant

Exactly the same problem here, using Android app ver 2.2.0_14738 which auto installed a couple of days ago.

Force stop, delete cache, uninstall the re-install app made no difference.

davidvogler
Star
Star
I did the steps others here suggested: delete app; re install; etc. Made no difference. Still ZERO response from Netgear. Worst support I've ever seen. Sorry I wasted my money on their products.
Memcor77
Guide
Guide
I'm having the same problem, and it started with the latest iPhone Arlo app update 2.2.0
iOS is 10.0.2
btull89
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue on iOS 10.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Those affected,are you explicitly logging out of the app? If you minimize the app (leave it running in the background) you should not have to enter the password again upon opening.

i have escalated this topic for further investigation.

JamesC

jbs1
Apprentice
Apprentice

I agree, if I minimize I don't need to enter my password again, but I turn my phone off each night and I have to enter my password and sometimes my ID as well.

btull89
Aspirant
Aspirant

iOS10: When I send the app to the background my password is remembered, but I have to hit the login button again. Before the update, I didn't have to press the login button again. Not a huge deal, but a little unneccessary. 

When I kill the app completely the password is not remembered, and I have the re-enter my password and click login. My username is remembered.

Merman
Guide
Guide

JamesC, I leave the Arlo open and now have to enter my password to open the app. The last update removed the remember password option it appears. There seems to be some timing involed however. If I quickly reopen the app after putting in my password, it will open without needing my password, but if I wait a little bit before opening it will ask for my password again. I'll check my iPad and report back.

iPhone 6 plus

Merman
Guide
Guide

Arlo app working fine on iPad Pro. I can force-close the app and when reopening it will go imediately into the program as expected. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I have escalated this topic for further investigation. I will post an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

jbs1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thank you sir! It's just annoying want you want to jump on quickly & you need to input your info again & again!

rkm
Apprentice
Apprentice

same problem here - latest iOS10 , latest Arlo App - 

all of a sudden, the password is not being remembered anymore and has to be re-entered every time.

Terribly annoying, especially since we're using "safe" and long passwords that cannot easily be remembered, so everytime I have to go to my password manager to look it up.

Please fix this asap, thanks. 

nanoma
Guide
Guide

Having the same problem. Running the latest ver of app and IOS. I always leave the app running in background without ever turning off the phone. The app used to remember password before the latest app update. Please fix this so I don't have to re-enter my 20+ digit long password every few hours.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Fwiw, I generally wait a few to several seconds and it usually autologs-in. Not always which is where having the Remember Me box with auto fill would be useful.
jbs1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Today when I logged into my Arlo, it said there was an update available, but when I attempted to install it, it said it was already installed! I was hoping this was the fix for the logon issue!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Try the old uninstall, reinstall trick...
chetcalhoun
Initiate
Initiate

I will make future purchase with some other device.  this is a critical error and it's getting no attention at all.  we can't have a mobile device that won't save your password if you so choose.

dmoo
Tutor
Tutor

Same problem. This is infuriating.

dmoo
Tutor
Tutor

Actually, now the ios app won't let me log in when I type in my password. Work's fine on desktop browser.

This is now a major problem for me.