Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 16 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
momanddaddy2105
Guide
Guide
Constantly going offline. I see so much online about them going offline. It seems Arlo them selves would give everyone a solution instantly. What do I do to make them stay online? HELP!!!!!!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
momanddaddy2105
Guide
Guide

Hey, We hired a computer tech to come in today and check them out. All he done was reset the AT&T modem. All is working properly now. Also, we were told if in the top right hand corner of the screen you have a warning the cookies are blocking something threw Adobe flash player that actually has nothing to do with it. Hope this helps. I was ready to throw them out the door. Yaeee!!!! their working.They do make me feel better.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Coroc
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue. My base station keeps going offline. Initially, I rebooted and resynced and got everything working but that no longer works. I have not been able to restore it since it went offline 17 days ago. My other wireless devices are working fine.

jandandphil2105
Aspirant
Aspirant

I will let you know if I come up with a solution

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open a case with support. You may be fighting faulty hardware.

momanddaddy2105
Guide
Guide

Hey, We hired a computer tech to come in today and check them out. All he done was reset the AT&T modem. All is working properly now. Also, we were told if in the top right hand corner of the screen you have a warning the cookies are blocking something threw Adobe flash player that actually has nothing to do with it. Hope this helps. I was ready to throw them out the door. Yaeee!!!! their working.They do make me feel better.

UDEGAZON
Aspirant
Aspirant

THERE ARE THREE ARLO PRO 2 CAMERAS.

TWO ARE WORKING PROPERLY.....ONE WOULD NOT RESET EVEN AFTER REBOOTING MY AT&T MODEM...

THIS IS A PROBLEM WHEN GETTING TO CAMERAS THAT HAVE BEEN PLACED IS NOT EASY.....THE NETGEAR MANUAL GAVE INSTRUCTIONS TO RESTART CAMERAS, BUT THERE IS NO SUCH RESTART EVEN AFTER FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTIONS.....THERE IS A REMOVE DEVICE THOUGH....???

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Lower case, please.

You can restart the bse in Settings, My Devices, your base, Restart button at the bottom.  That may or may not help, depending on why the camera is offline.

Otherwise, you need to remove and reinsert the battery to reset the camera. You should also verify that the battery is charged since a dead battery obviously will make the camera go offline. One way to test is to swap batteries around. If the battery is dead, a possible reason is the WiFi quality for that camera, whether signal strength or some 2.4GHz interference (WiFi or otherwise). Swapping cameras around will help nail down if it's a camera/battery issue or a position one.

laj123
Tutor
Tutor

My Arlo keeps going offline and we paid for 4 of them. This is so frustrating because we don't live at this house and have to travel 3 hours one way to reset it. Why does this keep happening?  I asked if internet was down there today and people said no and also my internet company said there was no outage. When it happened before we drove down there and pushed the button on the arlo base and they came back on, but I can't keep driving down there every couple of days. Any suggestions?   Why can't arlo make it so they can ping our bases?  

manfredz
Hero
Hero

I put an IP controlled power switch between my base station and my power bar, allowing me to remotely reboot my base station.

Of course the real answer is to find cause and fix why your Arlo goes offline, but such a switch may be helpful anyway.

laj123
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you. I had just decided to do that, but wasn't sure if it woul work. Glad to hear it does for you. I have ordered two wireless outlets controlled by my phone. One to reset the wifi and one to reset the Arlo. I hope this works. 

momanddaddy2105
Guide
Guide

Call your internet provider and tell them to change the channel to either 1 or 6 or 10 and to lower your firewall for your Arlo Secutity Camera. Since I'v done this per the Arlo representive 0 offlines have happened. Good luck. Kim

momanddaddy2105
Guide
Guide
  • Call your internet service provider and tell them to change the channel to 1 or 6 or 10 and lower your firewall for Arlo Security Cameras. This is per Arlo representive. Since I'v done this there have been 0 offlines have occured. Kim
laj123
Tutor
Tutor

Ok thank you!