Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo keeps getting disconnected after syncing

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
JTSG
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there,

2 of my Arlos keep getting disconnected shortly after syncing with the base station (i.e. it does successfully sync but always end up disconnecting within a minute after). Has anyone ever experienced this? If yes, I’d greatly appreciate your guidance as to how you fixed this problem.

Thanks very much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JO1965
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same thing happen when Mediacom upgraded my modem/router.  After about two months I finally figured out the base station sitting right next to the modem is a bad idea it causes "WIFI Congestion"  I got a longer ethernet cable and moved my base station about 15-20 feet away from the modem/router and now all cameras stay connected.  Very frustrating, I hope this helps

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @JTSG

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest any prior methods you have previously performed.

JTSG
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Shayne,

Thanks very much for responding to this thread.

I’ve tried many times reconnecting the affected cameras to the base station which always works (i.e I get a connection, I can access video footage etc).

However, it usually disconnects within a span of 1 minute. I’m starting to think that it might be a problem with the battery connection (i.e the camera looses connection with the network in spite of a fully charged battery) but then again I might be completely wrong.

Am hoping someone has solved a similar problem in the past and would greatly appreciate any feedback/guidance. Thanks!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Start by bringing the cameras closer to the base. That will help determine if signal strength/quality is an issue.

JTSG
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @jguerdat,

Thanks for your message. I’ve tried that method but don’t think that signal strength/quality is an issue as my other 2 Arlo cameras work fine.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JTSG wrote:

but don’t think that signal strength/quality is an issue as my other 2 Arlo cameras work fine.

If you swap the problem camera with one of the other two, does the problem move with the camera - or does it stay with the location?

JO1965
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same thing happen when Mediacom upgraded my modem/router.  After about two months I finally figured out the base station sitting right next to the modem is a bad idea it causes "WIFI Congestion"  I got a longer ethernet cable and moved my base station about 15-20 feet away from the modem/router and now all cameras stay connected.  Very frustrating, I hope this helps

JTSG
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi JO1965,

Thanks so much for the tip. I’ve moved the base station to a different part of the apartment (away from the wifi router) and now all 4 cameras finally work! The usual 2 that usually disconnects from the base station is now up and running, at least for the past 12 hours. Suffice to say, I believe the problem has been solved and it was due to “wifi congestion” as you mentioned. Thanks so much once again. Really appreciate your guidance here.
JTSG
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Stephen,

The problem has been resolved. Thanks so much for your contribution nonetheless.