Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo keeps dropping "offline."

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
bergroup
Tutor
Tutor

I'm so frustrated with my Arlo system I'm just about ready to disconnect the whole system and call it quits. I've read the forum comments about replacing batteries and reset by openning the batter door etc. This method works but the system goes offline within a day or two. (Fresh batteries!)

At the end of my rope and VERY unhappy with this product!! 

5 REPLIES 5
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I've noticed my system has been "offline" a little more often lately too. I just force close the app on my phone and login again 20 seconds later and it's back up and running as normal

bergroup
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the note. My "system" is not dropping offline. The problem is that 2 out of my 4 camera's drop offline. (The fourth one won't even connect anymore so I stopped using it!) 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bergroup,

It sounds like it could be the camera location causing an issue. Try swapping the problem camera with one that is behaving normally to see if the issue follows the camera or the location. Are you still seeing the same behavior?

JamesC

ramsgoms
Guide
Guide

I have the same issue. Tired of removing the camera every other week to recharge or reset. Spent lot of money on this product and not happy at all with constant baby-sitting. At least they should have put the battery cover somewhere else as opposed to near the mounting. Very bad design.

bergroup
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks James. It's not the location. As a test I replaced the batteries, moved the camera's to within 1 foot of the base station and within 48 hours two of the three remaining cameras showed offline. I'm well past the warranty period and am just about to put everything back in the box and throw them in the trash. (Yes, I'm THAT frustrated.) And the only reason I bought these was because Netgear said they were going to discontinue support of my previous cameras! (Which they recinded AFTER I had purchased the Arlo system) So if there is ANY doubt about me purchasing anything from Netgear in the future I think you know where I stand.