Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo keep on going offline after sync with basestation

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
henryl
Follower
Follower

I have 2 cameras with the Arlo kit. One of them works just fine and the other one keeps on going offline after a sync reset. Read through most of the post here, and try every possible thing with changing batteries, swapping position, only 10 feet away from the basestation. Tried updating the firmware. The camera is going offline about 2 days after reset, everytime I need to reset it to make the camera back online, this sucks. Hope you have any good suggestion for fixing it, this camera already drain over 20 batteries in 2 days for the past few months.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You say you tried to update the firmware - what was the result?  What firmware is installed for each device? Have you compared it to what's listed in the Release Notes section here?

It's always possible to be a faulty camera.  In that case, open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here. Also consider rechargeable batteries instead of using OEM-style non-rechargeables. Netgear has certified certain Tenergy batteries - look in the accessories here for details.

LINK12
Aspirant
Aspirant
Every time that I’ve tried syncing the camera it doesn’t connect to the base station keeps saying trying to find base station and I’ll have it 2 feet away from the base station need help anyone
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

LINK12,

Consider rebooting your base station (using the on-off button). Allow the base station to come back online and attempt the sync process again.

JamesC