Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
vulturenest
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am looking at buying this system for our mountain cabin.  We have no Internet in the area so must access via cell phone with very limited bandwidth.  We are using a cell-phone based modem for the WiFi.

I cannot afford large amounts fo data on our cell plan coverage, so I only want to be able to get short pieces of video on my demand from a computer and/or handheld.  Basically, let the camera notify me that there is motion, then I choose whether or not I want to look at it via video.  Is this possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You can set the cameras for the lowest amount of 10 secs recording...and lower the rez.

This will get you down to about 400k for the 10 sec video

OR, you can choose it to DO NOTHING under record.  ( will alert but not record ) tho I would think the first option is better.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You can set the cameras for the lowest amount of 10 secs recording...and lower the rez.

This will get you down to about 400k for the 10 sec video

OR, you can choose it to DO NOTHING under record.  ( will alert but not record ) tho I would think the first option is better.

Morse is faster than texting!
vulturenest
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, was not sure it had a "no record" option.  But if I chose that option, can I still view the camera from my cell phone to check current status at the location?  Would like to be able to check weather, snow levels, etc. before we head up to the place.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes. There's a live view capability that you can activate at your whim.

vulturenest
Aspirant
Aspirant

Perfect, thanks!