Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
daddio1954
Aspirant
Aspirant

On my iPad Pro I have lost the ability to view live camera views. I can record them however. On my iPhone X I have no issues. I have restarted the base station and reloaded the App on my iPad but it makes no difference. What happened when you updated your app? How can this issue be resolved?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
daddio1954
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi!

Obviously you have made some changes. My iPad pro works very well again!

Tom

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Terk
Apprentice
Apprentice

Many people have said the Arlo Baby stopped transmitting audio to the app after the update, with my Q Plus cameras everything seems to work except i stop receiving audio when i try to transmit and a single preview takes up the entire screen so I have to scroll to get to any other camera were i used to get 4 camera previews on the screen at once in the previous app.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

daddio1954,

Are you seeing an error message when you live view the camera? What is indicating you have lost the ability to live view?

JamesC

daddio1954
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi JamesC,
No there are no error messages…just a frozen “Still” image. Sometimes when I leave and come back to the camera images, there is a new image from the time I was trying to view “live”. I can never see moving images except for when I record. This is only on my iPad …my iPhone works fine.

Tom
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

daddio1954,

What model iPad are you using and what OS version is it running?

JamesC

daddio1954
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

My iPad Pro model number is: ML0Q2LLA which I beleive is a second generation. The software is OS 12.0.1 which is the most up to date.

Tom

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

daddio1954,

A new verson of iOS has been released (12.1), do you still experience the same behavior after installing the latest version of iOS?

JamesC

daddio1954
Aspirant
Aspirant
No it doesn’t work. I tried, thank you!
daddio1954
Aspirant
Aspirant

BTW, I just erased my iPad-all settings and data but it did not have any effect on my Arlo’s cameras.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

daddio1954,

The engineering team is requesting more information. Please see the following:

1. Go to Settings > General > About
2. Provide Model Region SKU (i.e. MT8U2LL)
3. Tap on 'Model' to review the "A" number
4. Provide "A" number (i.e. A1920)
5. https://www.theiphonewiki.com/wiki/Models

Also, does this behavior occur in both landscape and portrait mode?

JamesC

daddio1954
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JamesC,

I am grateful to know that your team is working on this issue! Thank you and them! 

The model SKU # is ML0Q2LL/A

‘The requested Model “A” number is: A1584. 

The problem occurs in both portrait and landscape views. Even when I have expanded to full view the image turns to portrait but stays frozen.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

daddio1954,

Thanks for the information.

One last thing, do you have bluetooth turned on on the iPad? If so, does turning it off change the behavior?

JamesC

daddio1954
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi JohnC,
I turned off Bluetooth, reset the base station and reloaded my Arlo app but it made no difference. Thank you for you perseverance. Tom
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @daddio1954,

Just to make sure, have you tried to force close the app and launch the app when in portrait mode? Are you still experiencing a problem even after that?

daddio1954
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Jessica,

I tried this solution when the app was in expanded "live" mode and when it wasn't expanded as well as not "live" and all in portrait position but there is still no change. Ironically, each time I reopened the app, I could see that the new image showed a change because of the different times I activated "live"...different shadows and different tree branch positions. So, initially, the camera records an image but it just won't play video. Thank you. Everytime yoyu send a new idea I am very hopeful that it willl work.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Our development team is currently investigating the issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

daddio1954
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you! I’m hopeful for a swift resolution 👍🏼😊
daddio1954
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi!

Obviously you have made some changes. My iPad pro works very well again!

Tom