Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
kpatt2006
Initiate
Initiate

I've recently started using an iphone XS with the newest iOS 15 updates installed. I immediately noticed a very annoying issue that should not exist with the Arlo app on iphones. If you turn the phone sideways to landscape mode while watching a video, you cannot skip forward or back with the slider at the bottom of the screen. This really needs to be fixed. It's hard to see recordings only being able to use portrait mode to scan through footage. I'm new to iOS, so maybe I'm just missing a settings or something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This issue should now be resolved, can you download the latest version of the Arlo mobile app v3.5.12 and test this issue again. If you do not see the update, you can remove and reinstall the app. 

Thanks

View solution in original post

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@kpatt2006 wrote:

I've recently started using an iphone XS with the newest iOS 15 updates installed.

If you turn the phone sideways to landscape mode while watching a video, you cannot skip forward or back with the slider at the bottom of the screen. 

FWIW, I am also seeing this on my iPhone 12 mini running iOS 14.8.  When I touch the video, the slider appears, but if you try to use it the entire screen moves instead of operating the slider.

It is annoying.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the feedback, I noticed this as well. Let me look in to this and I will report back.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

NoWheyJose
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having the exact same issue. Can’t use slider in landscape mode on an iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15.1.1. Please fix this issue.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you download the latest version of the Arlo mobile app 3.5.10 and test again? If you do not see the update you can remove and reinstall the Arlo app. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ShayneS wrote:

Can you download the latest version of the Arlo mobile app 3.5.10 and test again? 

3.5.10 fixed this issue for me.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This issue should now be resolved, can you download the latest version of the Arlo mobile app v3.5.12 and test this issue again. If you do not see the update, you can remove and reinstall the app. 

Thanks